Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/12/21 at 23:59

1 hour ago, hippo said:

An £80m goalkeeper an £80m CB - who at any other club would have been walking a tightrope.

So sure you bossed the game - and the boy wonder rookie manager cocked up on the he tactics.

But let's cut to the chase - lots of money and friends in high places got you 3 points - where quite reasonably you only deserved 1.

Been like for 40 years with Liverpool - I don't have problem with it - big money wins trophies - my beef is that Liverpool always claim to be to he epitome of fair play. Which of  is of course they aren't. Man city ? They buy trophies - but they don't claim to do anything else ...that's the difference. 

Just a nonsense comment. Friends on high places. Please!

Never a penalty on Ings. The match thread today was a bit embarrassing with the number of comments about cheating opponents and biased referees. Are we really such poor little victims, I would hope we see ourselves as better than that. Mane , Salah etc being called out for cheating yet Ashley Young is applauded for teaching our players ‘game management’ and the ‘dark arts ‘ Ollie Watkins has appeared to lose the use of his legs and the ability to stay upright on numerous occasions since joining with little reward , perhaps he needs to listen to Ashley a bit more? We lost, we didn’t attack well until too late and defended strongly for long periods. We are a developing squad they are established winners, today wasn’t a bad day.

• Like 3

Lost 1-0 against a very good team, had to endure 90 mins of a knob head sitting behind me slagging every aspect of our performance

Having got home and read this thread there’s several posters that could’ve been him….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Them being a better team doesn't mean we just have to accept that and sit back for 90 minutes. I just can't subscribe to that. 

We were far, far more positive against city. 

Rubbish, we could have been torn a new one today but were’nt because we played for a point and nearly got it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Rubbish, we could have been torn a new one today but were’nt because we played for a point and nearly got it.

We didn't lay a glove on them. 

The game was played in our own half till the 80th minute. 

They battered us. Scoreline doesn't reflect that but they did. 

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Salah cleverly chucks his hip at Mings, twists and rolls - it's not really a foul, but you have to do a better job at not getting close enough to him to let him cheat - everyone knows he does it, everyone knows he's going to do it, you have to be smarter when you defend him.

The referees need to do more about simulation. Once a few cards are handed out for it then the message will start to get through. It's a shame as Salah's a superb player but he lets himself down by having to resort to cheating. 

10 hours ago, supermon said:

Annoying thing is that none of the villa players asked for that penalty. Ings needs to learn how to fall, Salah certainly shot to the ground from such a small touch

Watkins got a yellow card for diving last season for half of what Salah did. 

It really only works one way it seems. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I expect to see more than sitting back for 90 minutes.

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Expect much more. 

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I just can't subscribe to that.

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Infuriating to watch. 

Deluded opinions.

• Like 1

Having watched all the incidents back i think Nakamba on Robertson was the stone waller. We were hoping for a 0-0, didnt embarrass ourselves with a heavy defeat; just need to make sure we’re at it and on the front foot on Tuesday. 

If we’d have drawn all 3 in that run of City, Leicester and Liverpool, id suspect we’d all be delighted. Well we took 3 points from those games so im pleased with that. Lets hope for some strong performances in these winnable next 2. 

• Like 2

Actually enjoyed that game 1-0 from a dubious penalty isn't the worst result against a team of that quality, we dwelled on the ball far to much early on and couldn't handle there press. Some good take aways though, don't think it'll be long before Sanson is starting he's beginning to show why we bought him and I think SG fancies him as a starter, Emi B is our main creator right now I think he needs to be starting.

• Like 2

Good backs to the wall defensive away performance. Shame we were undone by a bad penalty decision. It’s a coming together that isn’t given in the opposite box and elsewhere on the pitch they are both told to get up and play carries on. FWIW I’m not convinced on the Ings shout either but if you give one, you have to give the other.

Voted Emi as MOTM. Solid all game and nice to see him make a decent save down to his left when he’s been beaten there a couple of times this season.

Thought Sanson was excellent when he came on. Gerrard is doing the right thing giving him more and more minutes and presumably he and Ramsey will rotate over the Christmas period (not in same position). Buendia looked good when he came on too and surely he’ll start against his former club on Tuesday.

VVD was rattled by Watkins from the off, clearly had the 7-2 fresh in the mind. The foul he was booked for was especially bad! I actually thought Matip looked more solid than he did. Looking forward to getting them back to VP as I think we can get at them at home!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chappy said:

Good backs to the wall defensive away performance. Shame we were undone by a bad penalty decision. It’s a coming together that isn’t given in the opposite box and elsewhere on the pitch they are both told to get up and play carries on. FWIW I’m not convinced on the Ings shout either but if you give one, you have to give the other.

Voted Emi as MOTM. Solid all game and nice to see him make a decent save down to his left when he’s been beaten there a couple of times this season.

Thought Sanson was excellent when he came on. Gerrard is doing the right thing giving him more and more minutes and presumably he and Ramsey will rotate over the Christmas period (not in same position). Buendia looked good when he came on too and surely he’ll start against his former club on Tuesday.

VVD was rattled by Watkins from the off, clearly had the 7-2 fresh in the mind. The foul he was booked for was especially bad! I actually thought Matip looked more solid than he did. Looking forward to getting them back to VP as I think we can get at them at home!

I thought Watkins was excellent, wasnt allowed much of the ball and they were frightened of him after last seasons hat trick, so was swamped when he received it, but he was excellent at retaining the ball

• Like 1

16 hours ago, calcifer said:

Did the Leeds result upset you? What we supposed to do, we played Liverpool, a team that have battered many opponents, we don't have the team to take the game to them, so yes damage limitation and hit them on the break, what is wrong with that? 

Oooh, I see from that he's back on form.

I almost want to take him off my blacklist for the giggle factor, almost.

Can I have a try....?

Pfft.... we beat these 7-2 under Smith. Booooo, Stevie G out!!! 😉

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â