Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/12/21 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, RedFloyd said:

🥸... prepared to piss off if necessary.

That was a fight. Don't think anyone had 2 seconds on the ball without a challenge all match. Your 4-3-2-1 kept us from clean passing lanes, your shape was disciplined. Martinez was a rock. Great distribution too. Atwell was useless going both ways. He can still eat my hat. Both clubs are lucky to escape without stretchers on the pitch.

Mings and Targett were solid from where I sat. Mings MOTM performance, was everywhere.

Could have been multiple pens. Shots were 20-4, 5-0 on goal. Not gonna say the score was unfair, but seriously, could have gone either way with a bounce.

Smoking my last smoke, blindfold on.

Cheers mate, always good to hear a balanced view from the other side. Without my claret and blue specs on it was a fair result and the best side won. We worked hard and managed to stay in the game and give ourselves a chance with a sucker punch. On another day we get an pen and you don’t but fair result, no complaints. 

• Like 1

No complaints, as Villa looked like a decent side and Liverpool had to work their nuts off to win that game. 

Sala's acrobatics for the penalty were too much to be convincing but referees always err on the side which is winning the moral argument, and as Liverpool's shots-on-target were well ahead of Villa's big zero, his bias was predictable.

Van Dijk is supposed to be one of the best defenders in the world, so it was good to see Watkins give him such a tough game.

I hoped for more but it really looks like Villa have a good team at the moment - long may it last!

Very pleased with Stevie's game management.

The Premier League's four biggest brands all got a penalty today - coincidence, or the best financial outcome for the league's global audience appeal?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Regardless of whether each of them were penalties, Ming's walked away from his like he knew it was a penalty and Ings and our other forwards barely claimed for our "penalty"

Thats the thing that convinced me Mings never complained. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

If Salah's a penalty, so is Ings. Utterly robbed today.

VVD lucky to stay on the pitch. You'd think he was in the NHL with tbose elbows.

Take nothing away from that performance against one of the best teams globally.

Was it even as bad as what Mings did against Leicester?  I'm not so sure...

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

If Salah's a penalty, so is Ings. Utterly robbed today.

VVD lucky to stay on the pitch. You'd think he was in the NHL with tbose elbows.

Take nothing away from that performance against one of the best teams globally.

If we are losing 3/4-0 we get given the Ings penalty.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RedFloyd said:

🥸... prepared to piss off if necessary.

That was a fight. Don't think anyone had 2 seconds on the ball without a challenge all match. Your 4-3-2-1 kept us from clean passing lanes, your shape was disciplined. Martinez was a rock. Great distribution too. Atwell was useless going both ways. He can still eat my hat. Both clubs are lucky to escape without stretchers on the pitch.

Mings and Targett were solid from where I sat. Mings MOTM performance, was everywhere.

Could have been multiple pens. Shots were 20-4, 5-0 on goal. Not gonna say the score was unfair, but seriously, could have gone either way with a bounce.

Smoking my last smoke, blindfold on.

An £80m goalkeeper an £80m CB - who at any other club would have been walking a tightrope.

So sure you bossed the game - and the boy wonder rookie manager cocked up on the he tactics.

But let's cut to the chase - lots of money and friends in high places got you 3 points - where quite reasonably you only deserved 1.

Been like for 40 years with Liverpool - I don't have problem with it - big money wins trophies - my beef is that Liverpool always claim to be to he epitome of fair play. Which of  is of course they aren't. Man city ? They buy trophies - but they don't claim to do anything else ...that's the difference. 

4 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Thought on the balance of play Liverpool were the better team but the decisive moments were the penalty decisions and surprise surprise Liverpool get the decision in their favour.

Can't fault the effort of the team and with better quality could have nicked an equaliser at the end.

I agree.

They were whinging the whole afternoon, despite they having more fouls against, than us....Klopp was in the officials ear all through the game.....it eventually works though, in the wearing down process.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Andy Gray and Richard Key straight up saying if that had been at the other end, it would have been a penalty.

All in all, I know some might not agree, but we held our own and weren't disgraced IMO.

We can all say " Why didn't we start playing like that from the start "

However, if we did, it possibly could have been over by half time.

I respect the gameplan, however, if I can have ANY sort of criticism, it might have been to start the attack like that earlier.

Gerrard is learning as he goes. Don't be surprised if the team which ended that match, starts our following games. ( Maybe minus Ings? )

I think against most teams we would......but you have to have some expectation/respect for that calibre of opposition.

What if we had a go?, and got dumped on our arses, like have done against Man City in the past.....what then.....Folk would be saying why didn't we stay in the game and close them down.

we are buggered if we do, and buggered if we don't.

Sometimes, we just have to accept we are playing against a better team all round.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree.

They were whinging the whole afternoon, despite they having more fouls against, than us....Klopp was in the officials ear all through the game.....it eventually works though, in the wearing down process.

Those fake teeth were clattering away like something from a 1980s joke shop. I have no idea why the 4th officials indulge this guy. It just encourages him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â