Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/12/21 at 23:59

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Awful. 

3 steps forward 2 steps back. 

Negative tactics. Negative mindset. We're better than this. 

Voted Martinez motm which tells you all you need to know about the game. 

You don't tell me anything I need to know about the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Awful. 

3 steps forward 2 steps back. 

Negative tactics. Negative mindset. We're better than this. 

Voted Martinez motm which tells you all you need to know about the game. 

I don’t get this!

Surprised how positive the reaction to the performance is as I didn't think we were brave enough going forwards. No big criticisms as we were solid and you can always nick a goal, but I never really felt like we were scoring. 4 shots must be our lowest in a game for a while. Still a good first 5 games and 2 winnable ones coming up.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why the hell didn't we start playing till they scored? Feels like we had 70 minutes of non stop defending for no reason. 

Should have tried to go toe to toe from the beginning. 

Ah well.  We've shown we can. 

Buendia and Sanson to start midweek please. They changed the game for me. 

I know some will claim Liverpool scored then sat back but not in a million years would they want to be just 1 nil up and have us swarming at them, no way at all. 

I don't think so. We tried to hang on for a point and started attacking only after we'd gone behind. Just like we did against City, when we were 2-0 behind after the first half and played a good second. Might be 5-0 if we went toe-to-toe from the start.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

To be honest neither Man City or Liverpool have embarrased us. We lost by one goal in each and today was not even a goal in open play. I had already written off City & plop so no great shock. They plus Chelsea are in a different league and we can beat any of the other teams in this division. Roll on Norwich!

Completely agree

• Like 1

I dont like how we played here at all... for 80 minutes we looked like we didint wanted to win at all.

Gerrard at man city post match said we gave them too much respect. At least at man city we looked like we wanted to win we showed something from start to finish.

Here 80 minutes of pure domination of liverpool who pressed and played inferrior to man city...

Its just disappointing we rolled over and lost...

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Surprised how positive the reaction to the performance is as I didn't think we were brave enough going forwards. No big criticisms as we were solid and you can always nick a goal, but I never really felt like we were scoring. 4 shots must be our lowest in a game for a while. Still a good first 5 games and 2 winnable ones coming up.

Absolutely this. 

This is the way Burnley would set up. I expect us to give it more of a go. 

• Like 1

I thought we played well but was a bit disappointed with what seemed like our negative tactics. Plan A seemed to be to get the crowd frustrated and 'manage the game' to nick a point and maybe sneak a win. This disappoints me: (a) because of the way we played in the 2nd half against city and the whole match against Chelsea and (B) this is a team we beat 7-2 recently when we went after them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

I dont like how we played here at all... for 80 minutes we looked like we didint wanted to win at all.

Gerrard at man city post match said we gave them too much respect. At least at man city we looked like we wanted to win we showed something from start to finish.

Here 80 minutes of pure domination of liverpool who pressed and played inferrior to man city...

Its just disappointing we rolled over and lost...

We most definitely didn't roll over.  I think the plan was to try and get to 70/75 minutes at 0-0 and hope that the frustration of the fans gave us a chance to nick it at the end.  Had either penalty decision gone the other way we'd have left Anfield with a point.

Just glad to get the Man City and Liverpool games out of the way, performance in both shouldn't affect our confidence going forward for the worse, and nice to get a win v Leicester in between. Norwich and Burnley two big games for us, a chance to widen the gap between us and the bottom of the table and to hopefully move up a few places, that's what we should be focusing on now.

• Like 3

Â