Michael Beale

maqroll

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Everyone foegetting g mac? He probably has as much input as beale.

He doesn’t, Gerrard has explained the coaching set up in the early days! Or are we ignoring what Gerrard tells us.

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If he leaves gerrard will find someone else.

I hope we really go out and get somebody really good, it’s one of the main roles at the club.

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

. I personally would look ash young to be given a coaching role at the club under gerrard

Why? I don’t mind a learning coaching role but we want to be competing with European chasing clubs, we aren’t an old boys club.  Yes he has vast experience playing but we need to try and recruit elite coaches in the main coaching positions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

What ?  (2nd post today - you are randomly attributing posts to me ) ????

FWIW - this was rumour not long after Gerrard arrived ? Isn't it just being recycled 

Well the first post I " attributed " is repeating what you actually said yesterday.

The above post though was tongue in cheek. Lol

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well the first post I " attributed " is repeating what you actually said yesterday.

Can you dig that out mate. I haven't said anything about Beale - or Gerrard's coaching staff.

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well you only like Stevie G because he is a family friend - as you admitted yesterday.

(you didn't but if we are throwing random allegations about - I might as well join in) 

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

Can you dig that out mate. I haven't said anything about Beale - or Gerrard's coaching staff.

Apologies mate. Having looked back through the thread, it was actually @Zatman.

Unfortunately I can't tell between the crew sometimes at the moment lol.

Sorry for that.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Calling it an Aston Villa “hammer blow” seems a touch melodramatic. 🤔

The Head Coach often described as the brains of the operation leaving? It would be a hammer blow. A disaster. A crisis. Whatever you prefer.

Gerrard has said "It would take me 15-20 years to become as good as Michael Beale as an on-pitch coach, delivering sessions daily, so I let Mick be Mick because he’s the expert."

How do we replace him?

If he does go, he's not irreplaceable, but he clearly needs to be replaced properly. He's good at what he does by all accounts. We'll just need another one.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, useless said:

Beale was interviewd for Charlton manager job previously and this is a quote from dare owner Sandgaard

“Of course we talked to Michael. We’ve also been a little more ambitious than that, in terms of the level of managers we’ve been reaching for.”

I doubt Beale will be interested in going there, and also doubt they will be interested in him over someone more experienced, especially as the reports today say that money would be no problem for them, in that case they will probably go for an higher profile manager.

Im sure its just recycled news. I would have thought Gerrard would more of his own men behind the scenes - not less.

Be staggered if he leaves us for Charlton. He will be coaching Coutinho and a whole host of international calibre players at Villa - He hasn't even done a full season of Prem coaching. Must be some offer from Charlton if he takes it

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Be staggered if he leaves us for Charlton. He will be coaching Coutinho and a whole host of international calibre players at Villa - He hasn't even done a full season of Prem coaching. Must be some offer from Charlton if he takes it

It's the reason why I can't see it being true just yet, maybe towards the end of next season if we still have the same set up. I'd assume if he were to go, then we would have done our research and get a good coach to replace him.

1 hour ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Well my Rangers supporting mate reckons he is an unbelievable coach (Said If we got him it would be bigger than actually getting SG for what it's worth)

I havent honestly seen it yet (whether Beale or Gerrard)? A lot of what Gerrard is about is his driven, straight talking personality and personal gravitas. His hard earned success at Rangers is likely substantially bolstered by Beale, but support coaches come and go, I am pretty sure the wheels wont fall off if Beale leaves, but its likely a set back to progress. But it could open the door to the next big thing, in fairness we are "going big" and not going home at the moment, you cant knock the determination,  joined up thinking and planning on everything we are doing at the moment.

• Like 1

I have noticed that when the players gather round for a talk during a match, it is Beale doing the talking.

Gerrard just stands in the background.

I know Gerrard said he and his coaching staff were a team, but that does seem unusual.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Beale seems a likable character but if he was such a top class coach then I would have expected we would have the capability to play the ball out from the back by now. For me he is not irreplacable if he leaves.

Are we sure we want to risk having Gerrard without his man Beale? Especially since he’s about to spend big in another month.

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

The Head Coach often described as the brains of the operation leaving? It would be a hammer blow. A disaster. A crisis. Whatever you prefer.

Gerrard has said "It would take me 15-20 years to become as good as Michael Beale as an on-pitch coach, delivering sessions daily, so I let Mick be Mick because he’s the expert."

How do we replace him?

With another experienced coach?

With all due respect to the bloke, being assistant manager at Rangers and Villa are the biggest jobs he's had. I'm not going to speculate on whether Gerrard really believes it'd take him 20 years to become as good, but Beale has about 4 years experience coaching senior teams and about 15 years in various roles with the youth teams. 

I don't know what he does, he could be an absolute genius who's wasted on us, but it's not a CV indicative of a once in a generation coach we can't hope to improve upon.

• Like 1

Â