Michael Beale

maqroll

It’s a difficult one for MB, while I’m sure he would like to be his ‘own man’ , how many times have assistants and coaches that have been labelled ‘the brains’ or the ‘real reason why Manager X was successful’ actually had their own success when working a Manager/Head coach role?

Is he onto a good thing to stay as part of SG’s team, or does he make the jump?

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

am i the only one that couldn't give 2 shiny shites if he goes? it's been a crap season and if MB really is the brains behind the whole operation then he's highly culpable

quite happy to get someone else in with some new ideas

Yeah we should also get rid of Gerrard. We need to keep firing and hiring people like Watford. That's what we should do.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah we should also get rid of Gerrard. We need to keep firing and hiring people like Watford. That's what we should do.

100% when managers like Marco Rose and Pochettino are available. Go and get them!

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

am i the only one that couldn't give 2 shiny shites if he goes? it's been a crap season and if MB really is the brains behind the whole operation then he's highly culpable

Yeah, I couldn't give a flying duck.

Good luck to him if he goes. Hardly set Bodymoor Heath alight did he.

There are better coaches out there for sure, might be good for Gerrard to get some new ideas in, since the current coaching team is so committed to the one unchangeable "system".

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I would, reason being, I reckon people actually inside the footballing world, probably know more about football, than Fred from Solihull, on VT, who blows a gasket when things aren't instantly going the way he wants it to, on the pitch.

If he's in demand, there must be a reason why.

Also, there is the matter of stability and continuity.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

Just now, est1874 said:

Yeah, I couldn't give a flying duck.

Good luck to him if he goes. Hardly set Bodymoor Heath alight did he.

There are better coaches out there for sure, might be good for Gerrard to get some new ideas in, since the current coaching team is so committed to the one unchangeable "system".

I worry about Gerrard's tactical acumen. He's alluded before to something like "I know what I want it to look like" but conceded he isn't a training ground coach.

That's fine but getting that relationship right between manager and your lead training ground guy is really important if the manager isn't going to coach a huge amount.

Doesn't matter what's happened on the pitch, Gerrard and Beale have their ideas aligned. It's not a sure thing we'll easily replace him with anyone else even if they're a 'better' coach.

• Like 3

If he is the brains of the operation we might be in trouble. I dont think McAllister is up to much except being a Yes man so I hope the club are ready to appoint somebody with a bit more about them. I am also hoping its a club appointment by Lange like they did with MacPhee and not another Liverpool head like Lawro or something

As can sign all the big names you want but need to coach them

Â