Michael Beale

maqroll

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I read that 18 of the u23’s he coached at Liverpool have made a first team appearance. I’m struggling to work out if that can be true but sounds impressive. Im guessing a lot of those appearances were probably in the League cup but still a good stat.

11 against us probably 😂

• Haha 1

Have heard this before with Culverhouse/Karsa and then Ray Wilkins, Clarke and Shakespeare also called the brains of the operation and then 3 months ago MacPhee was the greatest coach about

Hype is over the top already, he might be a good coach but we will see. Easier to coach in SPL than Premier League egos

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Have heard this before with Culverhouse/Karsa and then Ray Wilkins, Clarke and Shakespeare also called the brains of the operation and then 3 months ago MacPhee was the greatest coach about

Hype is over the top already, he might be a good coach but we will see. Easier to coach in SPL than Premier League egos

I should have read this before posting.

58 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Didn't Lambert have the next big thing as a coach when he joined? I remember similar stuff about one of his coaches being the brains behind all his previous success. 

No he just brought his two best mates didn't he? From what I heard they were both proper yer da types and bullies 

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Remember when Roy Keane arrived as an assistant coach under Lambert and some said the same ridiculous stuff they're saying about Gerrard now?  "He's a winner and won't accept anyone not putting in a performance" or implying he's going to somehow going to garner more respect from the squad than Lambert because of who he was as a player?  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Remember when Roy Keane arrived as an assistant coach under Lambert and some said the same ridiculous stuff they're saying about Gerrard now?  "He's a winner and won't accept anyone not putting in a performance" or implying he's going to somehow going to garner more respect from the squad than Lambert because of who he was as a player?  

Yep and he even had a beard 😛

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Fair point. The guy that Bruce bought in as well which caused loads of puns. 

Â