Michael Beale

maqroll

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

Yeah, I couldn't give a flying duck.

Good luck to him if he goes. Hardly set Bodymoor Heath alight did he.

There are better coaches out there for sure, might be good for Gerrard to get some new ideas in, since the current coaching team is so committed to the one unchangeable "system".

And you know this do you? Because Emi Martinez has said he’s incredible and knows so much. 

28 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

And you know this do you? Because Emi Martinez has said he’s incredible and knows so much. 

Yeah I had the whole squad around for tea before they took off on their holibobs 🙄

I wasn't literally talking about his presence on the training ground, I was referring to his impact on the team and their results. It's a results game and in terms of what I "know", I know what my eyes tell me, which is that we haven't improved dramatically since Michael Beale and his revolutionary ideas arrived at Bodymoor Heath.

If being incredibly knowledgeable about the game made someone a great coach, Gary Neville wouldn't have tanked so hard at Valencia.

I don't want geniuses or people who can talk a good talk, I want bloody good football coaches. Some of the best coaches and managers in the game have been people who could hardly string 3 coherent thoughts together.

The onus is on you to tell me what's so special about him as a coach that we should cry about him leaving. Please give me some Villa-related evidence about what makes him to incredible, beyond what Emi told you over brunch.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

Managing and coaching is 2 different things.....its horses for courses.

How many assistant managers, have tried their arm and failed.....its a different set of skills.

I will be disappointed to see him leave, if he does, but also wish him well.....just as the better playing staff are finally coming in, to get his teeth in to.

Shame really, if he goes.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Yeah I had the whole squad around for tea before they took off on their holibobs 🙄

I wasn't literally talking about his presence on the training ground, I was referring to his impact on the team and their results. It's a results game and in terms of what I "know", I know what my eyes tell me, which is that we haven't improved dramatically since Michael Beale and his revolutionary ideas arrived at Bodymoor Heath.

If being incredibly knowledgeable about the game made someone a great coach, Gary Neville wouldn't have tanked so hard at Valencia.

I don't want geniuses or people who can talk a good talk, I want bloody good football coaches. Some of the best coaches and managers in the game have been people who could hardly string 3 coherent thoughts together.

The onus is on you to tell me what's so special about him as a coach that we should cry about him leaving. Please give me some Villa-related evidence about what makes him to incredible, beyond what Emi told you over brunch.

Its a good point.....but I do think industry people have a fair idea if a coach is a good one or not.

I don't think its a subject for the average run of the mill fan.......we watch football matches, thats our forte.....not study coaching methods, what do we know about coaching...unless we have our badges.

What happens in a football match is many things.....coaching is just one element, and not all the major events in a game, are just confined to coaching, alone.

for example....is a great film down to great acting or the Director? or the script writer or the Producer.

The manager will know if he will be missed or not, not us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Now we've signed a DM - Beale might be next season's missing link.

Edited by hippo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Personally, I’m not yet convinced Beale is that good. The issue for me is that we would need someone good, or at least someone at all, to be there at the start of pre-season. Having a bunch of newly signed top players arrive and not knowing who the main coach will be — not good. If Beale is/was the main architect, players may also wonder what’s expected of them going forward.

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Personally, I’m not yet convinced Beale is that good. The issue for me is that we would need someone good, or at least someone at all, to be there at the start of pre-season. Having a bunch of newly signed top players arrive and not knowing who the main coach will be — not good. If Beale is/was the main architect, players may also wonder what’s expected of them going forward.

I don't know if he is any good or not.....but I hear industry people saying he is.

However, I don't believe a good coach, can make up the difference from having holes in the team.

If certain players are not of the required quality, I don't believe a coach can necessarily make up for that.

Its like asking a bricky build a window frame without a lintle......They can't compensate for flaws in the squad.

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't know if he is any good or not.....but I hear industry people saying he is.

However, I don't believe a good coach, can make up the difference from having holes in the team.

If certain players are not of the required quality, I don't believe a coach can necessarily make up for that.

Its like asking a bricky build a window frame without a lintle......They can't compensate for flaws in the squad.

To become a really good team you will need to have everything in place, and obviously good or great players to build with! But even the best squad can fail if they’re not managed in a good way, and turbulence in the coaching staff during pre-season would worry me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, parisvilla said:

With the quality of our recruitment we'd probably land Arrigo Sacchi as Gerrard's assistant if Beale leaves

Be a Liverpool guy. Rafa welcome 

It would be pretty shit if he were to leave already. By all accounts he's Gerrard's main man right? Rangers fans praised Beale massively on the effect he has. 

I'm not huge on Gerrard but losing his right-hand man would clearly be a massive blow to him, us and will end with the inevitable. Look at what happened to Smith last season when a crucial staff member throughout his entire career was moved on/left. 

Â