Michael Beale

maqroll

It's shit but this really is the best possible time for it. Not mid-season.

Also bit worried Beale could take some underneath coaches away with him. Any coaches he's been impressed with can now go and be his assistant manager as a step up.

Lange should have some names around but there will be no relationship there with Gerrard or players. This is the lead training ground guy, it's a very important role.

You're vulnerable like this when you appoint an old school manager who's not a coach.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

At least Gerrard will have plenty of contacts to bring in a replacement. I’m not overly concerned. 

I was going to mention Gerrards contacts, he'll probably recommend some top coaches he once worked with or knows

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Who’s Potter’s assistant at Brighton? He can bring Bissouma with him and we’ll save on train fares. 

Jerry St Clair, I think.

• Haha 3

I am confident that there have been plans in place to deal with any employee leaving. Most organisations have a contingency "what if".

Good luck to him, people progress and change jobs and obviously he wants to step up, its natural that he wants to test himself.

To be fair this is about the best time of year for him to leave anyway....

I have a gut feeling it'll be a former player that may miss out on managing in the lower leagues (Sol Campbell or someone along those lines), I know people have to start from somewhere but I'd much prefer someone a bit more experienced.

21 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Good luck to the man, a very knowledgable and forward thinking guy by all accounts.

if this doesn’t prove that the Birmingham Mail is a rag tag clueless, click bait, wannabe journalism bunch of idiots, I don’t know what will.

Think the articles been deleted too 

Â