Michael Beale

maqroll

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If Gerrard really can't perform as a manager without this bloke then it's probably better we find that out sooner rather than later. I suspect he'll be fine without him though. 

Agreed but it's just not an ideal situation for our first pre season. 

It's just disruption at a time where we really don't need any. 

• Like 1

I do worry if we have a pre season led by Gerrard and his yes man McAllister. I dont think they have the coaching ability, dont really see what McAllister brings in general. 

Not that Beale was some coaching expert but he seems to be always the one on the training ground. Heres hoping we get a better replacement soon

It really shouldn't be a disaster but Gerrard needs to get the right man in and fast. Lambert dicked around in multiple seasons with his No.2 and it really screwed him.

Huge headache for Gerrard mind you as , no offence, he doesn't strike me as a mastermind. Dare I say it - passion merchant.

I suppose the only shining light to this is it’s not even June yet, so wouldn’t be the most disruptive thing to happen.  I’d be more worried if it was during preseason or a couple of days before our first game.

Big decision for Gerrard and a test of who he knows and trust’s in the game.

I mean none of us are on the training ground every day so can't know the full extent of how good he is or isn't, but everyone he's worked with has given him rave reviews, in particular the manager he's worked under who has credited him with being the most hands-on in terms of the coaching aspect. Much like last year it clearly isn't ideal preparation going into another big season but as has been said at least there's a little bit of time to get things in order.

All the best to Beale should it happen as well, seems a good guy and you can't begrudge him the opportunity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I would imagine this is not coming as a shock to either Gerrard or the club, so I'm hopeful we have strong candidates lined-up. 

Klopp as assistant, Pep  to hand the bibs out and Conte on cones. 

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I mean none of us are on the training ground every day so can't know the full extent of how good he is or isn't, but everyone he's worked with has given him rave reviews, in particular the manager he's worked under who has credited him with being the most hands-on in terms of the coaching aspect. Much like last year it clearly isn't ideal preparation going into another big season but as has been said at least there's a little bit of time to get things in order.

All the best to Beale should it happen as well, seems a good guy and you can't begrudge him the opportunity.

We'll shortly see how good he is without any doubt as QPR manager.

Â