Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Aston Villa have won two of their last twelve premier league games. Both games were against teams that are no longer in the premier league. 

Aston Villa's win against Leicester at the start of December 2021 is the last time they beat a team that finished higher than 15th in last year's premier league table.

Steven Gerrard is a fraud and should never have gotten the job.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Save me going back pages to find out please. ....

Seeing comments about players turning on SG on social media, who? 

Also SG slating players in interviews, what's he said? 

Don’t know about players turning on him but I believe this is what you’re referring to about the interview thing. Granted, I haven’t watched any other interviews he may have done.

What is he talking about lack of quality? What does that mean? Is he going in tomorrow to review the videos with the team, pointing at the television and saying, 'do more quality. have more quality things that you do. in both boxes. More quality here and here'

Does he want to buy in more quality? Did Bournemouth have more quality than we did? Do Bournemouth have better quality players? Is that what he's saying? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think the weak mentality runs deeper than just the manager/coaching staff. The Club itself is weak. 

Not sure what you mean here.  Our facilities, stadium, fan base, ownership, etc. are all top class. Whatever is wrong with the management and/or squad is isolated and surely can be remedied.

• Like 2

I’m still livid. So many things fallen into place with owners and, at least in theory, calibre of player to have a very poor, divisive manager. When I listen to him talk tactics and style it is clear that he cannot properly articulate it. Compare to the way Deano, a proper coach, spoke about the game. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

If he loses against Everton, he’ll have lost the fans. 

If he has any sense, he’ll bring Mings back, bench McGinn and start Buendia.

He’ll do none of these things. 

Not too fussed about Mings as a player myself. I do think he'll be quite bad having around after the way Gerrard has attacked him. He won't be helping the team to prepare.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not too fussed about Mings as a player myself. I do think he'll be quite bad having around after the way Gerrard has attacked him. He won't be helping the team to prepare.

On form, Chambers probably deserved to start but I still think Mings has attributes we lack both at the back and as a team in general. The way the whole thing has been handled has been absolutely shambolic.

McGinn is a bigger problem for Gerrard though now. He has to be dropped. Sanson, Luiz, Ramsey and Kamara are all ahead of him for me. Certainly from what I’ve seen on the whole over the last 12 months anyway.

Its a mess. Everton is a huge game. Lose that and all of a sudden, you’ve lost to two relegation candidates and you start to wonder where the next win is coming from…

I think he’ll be gone before the World Cup. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 3

My missus summed it up by saying.... "Gerrard is out of his depth" and she knows nothing about footy !

If she can see that Gerrard is the wrong person for the job, you can bet our owners can as well

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

I’m still livid. So many things fallen into place with owners and, at least in theory, calibre of player to have a very poor, divisive manager. When I listen to him talk tactics and style it is clear that he cannot properly articulate it. Compare to the way Deano, a proper coach, spoke about the game. 

That's a good point. He speaks about the game like one of those boring passion merchant pundits on TV. Maybe it's the questions being equally dull but he never gets into things into any more detail than vague clichés. He talks a lot about getting them to "play how we want" but never actually goes into what that actually entails. 

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That's a good point. He speaks about the game like one of those boring passion merchant pundits on TV. Maybe it's the questions being equally dull but he never gets into things into any more detail than vague clichés. He talks a lot about getting them to "play how we want" but never actually goes into what that actually entails. 

He doesn't even know. That's why he's hired 2 actual head coaches/managers to do it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

He has always been good with his words too but that seems to be cracking now.

This always happens. Whenever we get a new manager everyone jizzes over every interview they give saying how well they speak etc. then when it’s not going well everyone says he’s talking shit. 

I think interviews and what the manager says means very little. We shape their words based on our opinion anyway

• Like 2

Unfortunately, I think the writing is on the wall for him and I think he knows it. 

It’s a shame really as I wanted him to do well here. Great players don’t always make great managers though.

He has an air of arrogance about him, a swagger, earned as a player, not as a manager. 

I too think he’ll be gone before the WC.

Â