Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Hes cancelled the Liverpool friendly. 

Get every single **** on that training pitch and work on breaking teams down who sit deep. In fact, at 2243 on a Saturday night, they should be doing that now.

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Hes cancelled the Liverpool friendly. 

Get every single **** on that training pitch and work on breaking teams down who sit deep. In fact, at 2243 on a Saturday night, they should be doing that now.

Don't need to see if anyone deserves a spot. Everyone that didn't start today deserves a spot.

Cancelling the friendly is a bit weird though, could have picked the team he wants to start the Everton game to get them some match fitness.

7 minutes ago, daft said:

He has a very long way to with Newcastle before we can say that about them. Nowhere near done. They probably will get there though, in time.

He took a team that was floundering and relegation certainties and turned them round in half a season.

Winning habits are built on solid foundations like defensive shape, resilience, organisation and team work. I am yet to see any of that at Villa, we have the spine of a jelly fish

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

He took a team that was floundering and relegation certainties and turned them round in half a season.

Winning habits are built on solid foundations like defensive shape, resilience, organisation and team work. I am yet to see any of that at Villa, we have the spine of a jelly fish

Whatever the opinion on SG's appointment, i think everyond expected him to give us some mental toughness.

Today was disgustingly weak in every aspect...again.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

No, Sherwood had 10 wins and 2 draws in 28 games. 

Gerrard had 10 wins and 5 draws in 28 (now 29). 

I mean it’s bad that they are in the same ballpark but Sherwood’s time was still worse. 

You're right to highlight that Sherwood is slightly behind, but when you compare the state of the clubs they inherited...Sherwood had the likes of Cleverley, N'Zogbia, Clark and Bacuna playing for him. And we're doing....Very slightly better 😐 

Does anyone thing hes lost or losing the Dressing Room???

With his treatment of Carney, Guilbert, Traore and El Ghazi sending them to train with the u21's
With his treatment of Mings. 
With Coutinho and Mcginn being guaranteed starters Buendia cant be happy. 

Maybe there is a split in the dressing room, or a bad atmosphere. Maybe its team Mings vs Team Mcginn/Coutinho and Gerrard

• Like 4

It's fine that the Gerrard project isn't at full speed yet, as it takes time to build a team. But what we should be seeing are some shoots of progress towards the end result. Even the most staunch Gerrard supporter surely can't pretend there has been any improvement since he came in.

He has brought in good players but it's made no difference... the same play, same mistakes and same results. The manager is the common denominator. 

• Like 1

For me he is on borrowed time, he has had pretty much free reign on his Assistants, signings and style of play, with a full pre-season to implement it.  The issue is none of it is working.

His interviews now are hollow and repetitive, it’s great that he can tell us what the problem is, the problem is he is being paid handsomely to fix them!

I cannot see the identity he describes, it simply isn’t there and he continues to show a complete inability to find a team, formation and approach that is defensively solid as a base to play from.  Every player is getting worse, bar Bailey who struggled for fitness last year.

He continues to pick not on form, but on favouritism.  Our most fluid displays in pre-season were with Sanson on the pitch, he didn’t even make the bench.  The players simply are not playing for  him.

I am going to predict we will get nothing from our first five games and then we have a real problem to address.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villan501 said:

If idiotic Steve let's morgan sanson go on loan he can leave aswell, absolutely baffled by his stupid management.

Gerrard will.be gone by end of october

If the fixtures go the way I think they might, then he will be lucky to get past September. 

I'm amazed when I look back and realise how many clueless people thought Villa were not getting results because dean Smith's players were not good enough. Gerrard is not good enough.

Good for Newcastle,They've  got the right manager who treats his players with respect. 

Small minded manager who fills his team with little players of the stature of Christian Purslow

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, messi11 said:

With his treatment of Carney, Guilbert, Traore and El Ghazi sending them to train with the u21's

Maybe there is a split in the dressing room, or a bad atmosphere. Maybe its team Mings vs Team Mcginn/Coutinho and Gerrard

Yep, I think he has problems in the dressing room. 

Even a player like Digne, who is a class act, looks shit under Gerrard. They seem to be playing bereft of any confidence or clear idea of what we are trying to achieve. 

Like what other tools does he need to get us to playing something close to coherent football? We gave him pretty much everything he needs to succeed. We went and got him almost half a dozen senior guys on over 100k/week with CL experience, gave him the backroom team he wants. We have top notch facilities, an academy with a bevy of talented youngsters he can blood into the squad. After almost 30 games, what else can you need? When do you hold your hands up and say you're not cut out for this? 60 games?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, messi11 said:

This wouldn’t surprise me one bit. 

25 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It's fine that the Gerrard project isn't at full speed yet, as it takes time to build a team. But what we should be seeing are some shoots of progress towards the end result. Even the most staunch Gerrard supporter surely can't pretend there has been any improvement since he came in.

He has brought in good players but it's made no difference... the same play, same mistakes and same results. The manager is the common denominator. 

Exactly. We finished 11th in O’Neill’s first season but it almost felt like a certainty that better times were coming. 

6 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

I think theres a couple more points to add your “only concern”

just a couple.........................of hundred.

24 minutes ago, Shirtman said:

I'm amazed when I look back and realise how many clueless people thought Villa were not getting results because dean Smith's players were not good enough. Gerrard is not good enough.

Good for Newcastle,They've  got the right manager who treats his players with respect. 

Small minded manager who fills his team with little players of the stature of Christian Purslow

can't argue with that....its a joke.

Â