Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

46 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Does anyone thing hes lost or losing the Dressing Room???

With his treatment of Carney, Guilbert, Traore and El Ghazi sending them to train with the u21's
With his treatment of Mings. 
With Coutinho and Mcginn being guaranteed starters Buendia cant be happy. 

Maybe there is a split in the dressing room, or a bad atmosphere. Maybe its team Mings vs Team Mcginn/Coutinho and Gerrard

I personally think it's possible.  Mentioned that a few times and certainly this display, and also his reaction afterwards makes me think that.  If things were okay in the dressing room, and he had them really behind him, then he would have ripped them for that performance.  He didn't do that... I expected rage, and he was soft like a kitten in his interviews.  Just my opinion at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Hes cancelled the Liverpool friendly. 

Get every single **** on that training pitch and work on breaking teams down who sit deep. In fact, at 2243 on a Saturday night, they should be doing that now.

The Liverpool friendly was for Liverpool sake not Villa

Klopp will be fuming🙈

• Haha 1

Gerrard is getting the big calls wrong! This leads to managers getting sacked.

He makes the player we should be trying to find an upgrade for captain, takes the captaincy of the best leader in the squad, and drops said defender when he's easily the second best defender in the team. We all saw this coming just not in the first game of the season.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Gerrard is getting the big calls wrong! This leads to managers getting sacked.

Has he got any calls at Villa right

Serious question, One if worst Villa managers ever

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Has he got any calls at Villa right

Serious question, One if worst Villa managers ever

Nah. We’ve had plenty worse. But I’m not convinced he has a long term vision for this club, and never have been… and not at all convinced by his tactical ideas.

He’s good enough to get us treading water mid table, and no doubt with the quality we have we’ll start picking up results, especially at home. I just think the quality we have now merits a manager who can do a bit extra. And I miss the feeling under Smith that the manager actually cared about the club’s long term future over his own career prospects.

• Like 1

It feels we have had a lot of unacceptable performances under Gerrard that he has been furious about, without seeming to find any kind of lasting solution or really learning anything from those performances. I don't think the team respond that well to his rage.

I wouldn't put money on any radical changes against Everton. 

Edited by VillanousOne

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Does anyone thing hes lost or losing the Dressing Room???

With his treatment of Carney, Guilbert, Traore and El Ghazi sending them to train with the u21's
With his treatment of Mings. 
With Coutinho and Mcginn being guaranteed starters Buendia cant be happy. 

Maybe there is a split in the dressing room, or a bad atmosphere. Maybe its team Mings vs Team Mcginn/Coutinho and Gerrard

Even if its not that bad yet. He's recreating the toxic atmosphere around the club that got us relegated in the first place. Guaranteed starters because they are one of the lads, sending players who could help us to the u-21s. Sanson, Buendia, Luiz, Mings being sat behind out of form and worse players. Making snide comments about them to the media. Buendia has got to do better. Mings has to come up to me look me in the eye and say I'm ready. Stripping the face of the club and one of the best representatives we've ever had of his captaincy.

He's going to lose the locker room if he's not already. And he's certainly well on hsi was to losing the fans. 

24 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

✅ Players rebelling on social media

✅ First Teamers bombed out with the kids

✅ Alienating Senior Pros/Captain

✅ Snapping at Journos

Bad day at the office for Stevie. Needs to pull his finger out and get it together.

I didn't feel like it during the game, as bad as it was, but with all this drama, I think it's when, not if.

27 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

✅ Players rebelling on social media

✅ First Teamers bombed out with the kids

✅ Alienating Senior Pros/Captain

✅ Snapping at Journos

Bad day at the office for Stevie. Needs to pull his finger out and get it together.

That's honestly disgusting. The question wasn't anything sinister. Just do you think he's a CAM or a LW. Gerrard could have simply said He's a quality player who can play both positions with success.

Instead he snaps. Seems like he's lost his head. 

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Whatever the opinion on SG's appointment, i think everyond expected him to give us some mental toughness.

Today was disgustingly weak in every aspect...again.

Thats bang on......Its my biggest surprise.

In that respect, sadly I see no difference, since he came in, I am still waiting to see that....and the wait is breeding doubt.

This team seem incapable of imposing themselves.....can only play, when teams allow them to...i.e stand off.

• Like 1

My mindset toward Gerrard has changed a bit now. I used to be fully supportive of him because I genuinely thought he could achieve great things here based on what he did at Rangers.

Now, I’m still fully supportive of him because he’s our manager, but I wouldn’t be upset if he were sacked before the weekend is through either.

SG has set himself up, to be hugely doubted after that debacle.....I didn't think we could stoop that low.

I hope he can manage to help us forget it.

Surely if he was able to turn things round we would be seeing signs of it? Why do I get the idea that he is so set on a particular formation and style of play that he will not adapt to suite the players at the club. I cannot believe these players are that bad, and if they are then whoever is buying them needs sacking.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

SG has set himself up, to be hugely doubted after that debacle.....I didn't think we could stoop that low.

I hope he can manage to help us forget it.

Did you give Dean Smith the same respect?

You would have praised Brucey but wanted Smith sacked 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

My mindset toward Gerrard has changed a bit now. I used to be fully supportive of him because I genuinely thought he could achieve great things here based on what he did at Rangers.

Now, I’m still fully supportive of him because he’s our manager, but I wouldn’t be upset if he were sacked before the weekend is through either.

One game, will not define his tenure......but he won't survive many of them.

Unless, he is able to muster a huge switch in attitude, I think he is in trouble.....it depends whats being said behind closed doors, but the fan base is fuming at that.

That performance does play in to the hands of all the doubters, and fair play to them for sticking to their guns.

I will continue to support him, to get it right......but no one can defend much of that " dog breath" football.

• Like 1

Today was awful, half reminded me of the last days of Sherwood. 

That said, I'll give Gerrard time (even though I'm still sore over the DS sacking). 

We'll see where we are 10 games in. Remember Nuno got manager of the month this time last season at Spurs! 

Edited by Villastine

Â