Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, spiezels said:

Coutinho and Kamara wouldn’t join us without Gerrard.

Let's try again.

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Gerrard must have signed loads of superstars at Rangers?

Obviously, yes, he's a bigger pull than Smith.

5 hours ago, useless said:

And we wouldn't have Gerrard if it wasn't for Sawiris and Edens and their dough.

If Gerrard’s coaching doesn’t work out, we could put him in the Football Director role than sack him and get in a top notch coach.  Lange and Gerrard running the acquisition side and a top coach doing the games.😁

Edited by nick76

48 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If Gerrard’s coaching doesn’t work out, we could put him in the Football Director role than sack him and get in a top notch coach.  Lange and Gerrard running the acquisition side and a top coach doing the games.😁

I see my recent campaign for Gerrard as Director of Football lives on!

• Like 1

I don’t mind people thinking Gerrard is a shit manager, the game is all about opinions, but the negativity from some in every thread to suit their narrative and the inability to say anything positive is tiresome. 

I’m not 100% sold on Gerrard atm either, but claiming that the “name” played no part in attracting the likes of Digne, Countinho or Kamara is madness. 

I honestly think this is part of the plan. Bring Gerrard in to attract top players and if it works out great, if not, he will have left a talented squad of top players for the next bloke.

I’ve saw rubbish in this thread saying the name means nothing, players would prefer to play for a top coache like Tuchel or Conte. Look I’m sure that’s correct, I say it’s rubbish because at this stage of our development we aren’t going to attract those managers. Gerrard was a calculated risk that needed to be taken. 

23 minutes ago, av1 said:

I’m not 100% sold on Gerrard atm either, but claiming that the “name” played no part in attracting the likes of Digne, Countinho or Kamara is madness. 

Not seen this anywhere?

23 hours ago, useless said:

Gerrard probably helps in some cases, but it's not as if we wouldn't be able to sign good players if he wasn't our manager. At the end of the day everything comes back to Sawiris and Edens and their money, if it wasn't for them Gerrard wouldn't be our manager in the first place to play his part in helping us attract players.

This is the situation.

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not seen this anywhere?

This is the situation.

I’ve not got the time to dig out posts mate, but I’ve read numerous posts saying they came for the money and not Gerrard 

49 minutes ago, av1 said:

I’ve not got the time to dig out posts mate, but I’ve read numerous posts saying they came for the money and not Gerrard 

On 23/05/2022 at 19:37, useless said:

Gerrard probably helps in some cases, but it's not as if we wouldn't be able to sign good players if he wasn't our manager. At the end of the day everything comes back to Sawiris and Edens and their money, if it wasn't for them Gerrard wouldn't be our manager in the first place to play his part in helping us attract players.

Â