Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

8 minutes ago, Indigo said:

If we finally beat Brentford but nobody was there to see it did it actually happen?

They haven't mentioned the lineup which is annoying. On the link though, Ings is looking a little overweight.

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

They haven't mentioned the lineup which is annoying. On the link though, Ings is looking a little overweight.

Olsen, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Digne, Chambers, Sanson, Ramsey, Chukwuemeka, Young, Ings. 

Was first half. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/01/2022 at 15:28, HKP90 said:

Not bielsa?

It's on his bucket list.

Anyway, wit ha bit of a break and then the intense training sessions working on shape and stuff, it'll be interesting to see if SG has the team developed a bit more cohesion and longer intensity - things we've seen in patches, but not over a whole game, so far.

On 29/01/2022 at 19:38, Villa 59 said:

Big Ron was born in Kitts Green (Birmingham) and played for Villa as a kid

Born in Liverpool then moved shortly after he was born, Ron Saunders I believe was born in Birkenhead and started his career at Everton? 

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I also like the fact that " He's not a shouter either, it's the way he carries himself " etc.

I remember seeing this video a few months before he was appointed manager, and I think it made me much more ameanable to having him in as manager when he was linked to us - especially given the players seemed like they needed a kick up the arse at the time!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, paul514 said:

So I had an interesting conversation today with someone who was a coach with us until earlier this year. 

He said...
Ramsey is more like a 10
Our best youth player is JPB but doesn't know if there is a place with him under our current system and will need 2 years more development.

Kesler will go to the top unless he keeps hanging around with dickheads
Carney is great but it could go either way at the moment
Brad Young is just like Jamie Vardy in mentality but not as good and will probably end up in the Championship
Gerrard want the centre backs to play out from the back and to split wide when doing so.
The DCM pulls to the right in between the lines to receive the ball
Gerrard wants a midfield three that works like Liverpool's, hardworking but not often going forward

I can't remember anymore about what he said but it was really interesting.

very interesting!

I hope the comment with regard to Hayden is something that can be avoided, many a talented person (in football, and normal life), has been dragged down and failed to reach their potential, due to outside bad influence!

52 minutes ago, paul514 said:

So I had an interesting conversation today with someone who was a coach with us until earlier this year. 

He said...
Ramsey is more like a 10
Our best youth player is JPB but doesn't know if there is a place with him under our current system and will need 2 years more development.

Kesler will go to the top unless he keeps hanging around with dickheads
Carney is great but it could go either way at the moment
Brad Young is just like Jamie Vardy in mentality but not as good and will probably end up in the Championship
Gerrard want the centre backs to play out from the back and to split wide when doing so.
The DCM pulls to the right in between the lines to receive the ball
Gerrard wants a midfield three that works like Liverpool's, hardworking but not often going forward

I can't remember anymore about what he said but it was really interesting.

V interesting. 
I don’t see Ramsey as a 10 but what do I know.

Fingers crossed KKH stays focused.

I agree Brad Young will be a success in lower leagues.

Gerrard really will want to keep hold of John McGinn with that vision of his midfield.

Â