Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, a m ole said:

Gerrard couldn’t be happier with the players.

Interesting.

It was a fight and we won. There's no reason to not be happy with the players.

I'm sure he will have wanted to see us have more quality on the ball but Everton didn't really want to play a game of football today. 

• Like 2

Just now, PieFacE said:

It was a fight and we won. There's no reason to not be happy with the players.

I'm sure he will have wanted to see us have more quality on the ball but Everton didn't really want to play a game of football today. 

Yep. Said you need to adapt sometimes and he asked the players to stand up and put their bodies on the line and they did to a man.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Loved his half time walk to the tunnel just eyeballing all the Everton fans with an enigmatic smile on his face. 

Yes, saw that, loved it, I used to dislike this gentleman and now I respect him, hope it turns into love.

Yet another manager where the fans whinge about subs even though we win the game. 

Has it not occurred to our fans yet that basically no manager makes early subs? There is a reason for that. I wouldn’t be able to exactly put my finger on it, but it seems to be the done (and therefore I’d assume correct) thing.

It’s so tiring reading “make some subs!” from about 40 minutes game in, game out. Judging by the result, whatever he did he did correctly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Yet another manager where the fans whinge about subs even though we win the game. 

Has it not occurred to our fans yet that basically no manager makes early subs? There is a reason for that. I wouldn’t be able to exactly put my finger on it, but it seems to be the done (and therefore I’d assume correct) thing.

It’s so tiring reading “make some subs!” from about 40 minutes game in, game out. Judging by the result, whatever he did he did correctly. 

No one moans for subs at 40 minutes, 60 onwards maybe yes, when we look tired and likely to concede due to lack of energy. We will lose waiting too long soon enough, then fans will change there tune.

19 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I miss winning games. Feels like ages since we did. In fact it is ages since we did. Even longer since we kept a clean sheet. 

tenor.gif

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No one moans for subs at 40 minutes, 60 onwards maybe yes, when we look tired and likely to concede due to lack of energy. We will lose waiting too long soon enough, then fans will change there tune.

Was a game people moaned at Smith for not making first half subs because Bielsa did it 😂

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Was a game people moaned at Smith for not making first half subs because Bielsa did it 😂

If I could be arsed it would not be hard to find posts begging for subs before half-time. Every single bloody game it’s just why haven’t we made any subs yet. Is this just a Villa fan thing???

He brought on Coutinho to rescue us last week. He presumably didn’t want to disrupt the team because despite their efforts Everton just weren’t getting through. He then made subs to ultimately kill the game when it was clear we just weren’t going to get a second. The same people that beg for subs will be the first to cry when it goes wrong or we concede as the subs were made to defend a lead rather than go for the jugular.

Maybe, just maybe, the manager knows what he’s doing. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Post match “we had to do something quite alien to us which is defend long balls for the entire game” 😂😂😂😂

It was a bit surreal. Even did the bit of telling the big CB to stay up top and play as a striker.  To be an Everton fan and have to watch that hopeless football for 90 minutes. Sad 😂

Â