Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I love how much he emphasises hard work and giving your all. You can see it in the performances as well, especially today.

With the quality we have (and are adding too) with that grit and immense work rate things are looking good. He’s impressed me a lot - he’s EXACTLY what we needed after Smith (and I love Deano!)

• Like 2

I do like Steve’s style. When being interviewed he has that playful smile - but you can sense the steel beneath. That part reminds me of Ron Saunders - I hope Steve has the same level of success.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I actually like his arrogance, especially the way  he was at Old Trafford and Goodison today.

There’s a swagger about him but a real steely underbelly.

I loved his pre match comments , something along the lines of "It would be great if the opposition of fans focus on giving me stick, takes the pressure off the players."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And our losses have been against 4 of the top 5 in the form table.

Something critics should take.into consideration.

Yep. Literally the only game so far (still) where we've underperformed was Brentford. In most we've either met expectations or exceeded them.

I mean if after the Southampton game you'd told me we'd get 16 points from Brighton, Palace, Leicester, Norwich, Man United and Everton, I'd think you were crazy. We were on an abysmal run of form and even prior to the losing streak didn't look like pulling out that many wins.

• Like 2

Â