Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Three silly old blokes on Villa Talk still whinging because they didn't get the toy they wanted for Christmas isn't where the mood is at, now.

The moment he was appointed the mood shifted to one of overwhelming support, as it should be. 

Did it.

I've missed that then. 

(Btw 44% of the poll are voting errrrrmmm,)

I think Dean has done a unbelievable job getting us here and changing the culture in the club (lets face it, we were a complete basket case when he took over) but he had deficiencies in in-game management etc that meant he has reached a natural end to his time here and i will always be thankful for getting us back to the premier league.  

Gerrard is the Villa Manager so he has my full support. I'm a little underwhelmed by the appointment (less to do with Gerrard than to do with any appointment from the Scottish league, i'm not sure how much of Rangers resurgence is down to Gerrard or down to Celtics utter collapse, but the league is so uncompetitive that i would have preferred someone from a more competitive league). Lets get in behind him now and hope we have a christmas period with some good results.  Gerrard is a winner simple as that, hopefully that mentality and experience will drive us on.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Did it.

I've missed that then. 

(Btw 44% of the poll are voting errrrrmmm,)

Not being convinced he will be a success is not the same as being a miserable auld word removed. I would vote I don't know myself, but not sure if that's what eeeerm means?  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Any confirmation on the additional coaching staff yet, or have I missed something? 

They will respectfully notifying and settling terms with current staff before announcing new coaches etc! 

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Carragher and Neville always speak highly of us tbf.  They were both loving it when we were first promoted back and getting to go to VP again.

They do to be fair to them. I suppose both grew up when we were winning lots so have a good grasp of our history. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I agree with the second paragraph onwards.  

The bit in bold though I don’t agree with, this isn’t a clear statement of ambition at all, it’s an underwhelming statement and has certainly hit my confidence in what I believed the owners/Purslow had given the impression was their ambition.

As I said though, I’m onboard and backing him 100% now he’s appointed but I’m not forgetting the context in the larger picture of this and accept now our ambitions aren’t what I thought they were and that’s ok, I know how to set my expectations now.

You keep saying you are onboard and backing him 100% but somehow I keep getting this spooky feeling that’s not entirely the case. Can’t work out why I think that. 😉

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not being convinced he will be a success is not the same as being a miserable auld word removed. I would vote I don't know myself, but not sure if that's what eeeerm means?  

Don't know ?

Wasn't your opening gambit this morning something "nailed on to succeed" 

Â