Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Sadly if we draw I don't think he'll be sacked, unless we go 2 up and throw it away or something. He should be sacked obviously, even if we win, but if we draw it'll be "ah well Villa are now 4 unbeaten etc".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, messi11 said:

Intrested to see what @Xela @Paul33 @PussEKatt @The_Steve @romavillan and @jim pick. I guess the 1 point.

Maybe to you I'm a weirdo but I will never ever wish Villa to lose no matter who the team is and no matter who the manager is and no matter what you think may happen as a result. I'm an old skool Villa fan of nearly 60 years and I will not wish defeat on Villa, full stop !

PS: If we don't beat Forest, I hope and expect Gerrard to be sacked !

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Just watching the For The Love of Paul McGrath podcast and they’re talking about how Gerrard said he thinks about Villa 24/7, but on the night our youth team played in the Papa John’s Trophy he was watching Liverpool against Rangers.

Sorry if it’s already been posted but he could at least try to not treat fans like idiots with his bullshit.

We know he doesn’t give a shit about anything other than his reputation so no point talking bollocks about it.

Sure even that video with the gangster he offered to bring somebody to a Liverpool game 

3 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

At this point, if/when he goes I’ll be looking forward to the elimination of “Gerrard” as the answer for our players shortcomings. How long after he goes do players become responsible for their own performances? 

Until whenever they start playing well again. 

18 hours ago, picicata said:

Surely everyone prejudged to some extent?

You look at previous facts and you extrapolate them into the new situation. He was inexperienced, he came from his first job in a lesser league and had no experience managing a club in our situation. He was inflexible, he was known to only set his team out one way whilst at Rangers. He was known to be hands off in terms of coaching, hence why people said we would need Beale to come with Gerrard. The club choosing a manager of so little experience and proof of ability does suggest a lack of ambition.

If he had come in and won every other game then pretty much every fan would be singing his praises, I certainly would. Sadly he has, so far, proved every fear correct.

Still, before every game I hope 'this could be the one, this could be the game that it clicks and doubters are shown why Gerrard was chosen by our management '. I'll have that hope on Monday evening but certainly no expectation.

I get your your stance....but some of the doubts you have, are questionable.

lets take one..coaching. ...was Brian Little a great coach, he had John Gregory and Allan Evans.......was Ron Saunders a great coach, he had Roy McLaren and Tony Barton as scout.

These modern managers have personnel to do that......I don't know if Dean was particularly blessed, but he had John Terry and Richard O'Kelly.

Modern Managers are primarily the "Face "  of the team.....they are responsible for so much criteria, they have to delegate.......I think we are blaming him directly for too much.....indirectly maybe a better argument

I just think too much is made of certain things that are questionable at best.....and a dark cloud forms.....when its arguably not necessary.

Would they?......what if, as I have said previously, the odd, bit of luck had gone our way, but we played exactly the same......would they be singing his praises.

We have dropped points where we have been so unfortunate, and the league position, could be so much different.......The earlier games, I am not including, that was just sheer bad play and bad management, I accept all the criticism of those games.

I actually thought Tyrones performance against Haaland, was top Drawer, despite his goal, which should have been Konza's challenge.......but that was a defensive turn around, if ever I saw one.

We now need to get the attack functioning, and as SG alluded too, some are gradually showing signs of returning to form, with 19 chances against Leeds.......put our finishing boots on, keep the clean sheets and its a whole different ball game.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

And if they don’t start playing well again? New, new manager?

The club have manage to hire the wrong manager before, it isn’t unlikely they can make a mistake again.

Maybe they get Mauricio Pellegrino in as our next manager, and that would clearly be a mistake. He is also an ex-Liverpool player so it would be possible.

17 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I didn’t say it was a shit system.  I said it was the system shit mangers revert to when they have ran out of ideas.  Its safe and gives the fans the illusion you are trying  something different when all you are doing is fumbling around in the dark. Why not stay with 4 at back.  It’s because you are still likely to be show up you short comings, thats why 

Its funny isn't it, when games are won systems are rarely mentioned?

I say again, what do you believe the system should be?

17 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Footballs a game of opinions - everybody who prejudged SG to be inexperienced, out of his depth and not able to move us forward were bang on

so far,.......................................................

15 hours ago, Tom13 said:

19 chances? I'd love to know what you or whoever is classing as a chance.

just listening to most of the reports from data analysts, who have much better resources than me, to know.

I think they said 5 big chances.

not sure how they grade them?.......but I guess, their general analytics are about right.

Its hard to measure football, with a slide rule or vernier.....generalisations are commonly used, to get the point.

We missed too many opportunities to score and lost 2 points, is the only headline we need.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Well, our front men have scored a lot more goals than this and been good enough to play for England when they weren’t being managed by Steven Gerrard, so I do have one idea how to improve their output... ;)

I'm sure you do....

"Solutions Inc"

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

just listening to most of the reports from data analysts, who have much better resources than me, to know.

I think they said 5 big chances.

not sure how they grade them?.......but I guess, their general analytics are about right.

Its hard to measure football, with a slide rule or vernier.....generalisations are commonly used, to get the point.

We missed too many opportunities to score and lost 2 points, is the only headline we need.

According to fotmob you are right. We missed 5 big chances in that match  in a season where we have created 8(!) big chances. In a match where we were 1 man up for most of the match. The problem has been creating the chances with our turgid play. So far it’s a one off, let’s see what happens against Forest.

Edited by bose

Â