The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Gabby has spent the last few years engaged in efforts to repair his reputation as Mr Aston Villa when he was out partying in London the night we got relegated, and took a fortune out of this club, while phoning in performances and needed to go to fat camp, what, twice? Our captain. I genuinely **** hate the bloke, he was a parasite feeding off this club and his opinion on Garde isn't worth a damn.

Yes he doesn't fit right when he criticises the fans when he basically was taking 60k from the club for doing nothing nothing. 

• Like 2

I didn't think I'd say this, but how is Sean Dyche actually? I have thought about him as a Bruce/McLeish/Allerdyce-type who plays primitive football, but I actually don't know much about how they play, just that they are hard to beat and that he seems to make his players 100% comitted all the time. He has worked miracles with the budget he has got. I wonder what he could do with better players and a bigger budget? Anyone have any more insight on him?

Not saying we should go form him, just a spontaneous thought that I actually don't know much about him. 

Just now, theboyangel said:

It’s a definite no for Roberto Martinez or Southgate too… 

Southgate when he takes the Villa job and realises he shouldn't have played his part pushing Grealish out the door

Southgate Hails Young Lions After Loss - Betfred Blog

• Haha 2

I honestly think we’ll see someone arriving with Premier League experience, either as a former player or as a coach/manager.

We’re not quite in the market for an elite coach from the continent and because of this, the board will want someone with the know how of the league.

In addition, with the huge amounts we’re spending on our academies/youth, they’ll want someone who’ll embrace that ethos and continue with it’s potential pathway to the first team.

In view of this, it’s Gerrard or Potter starting next week. 

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Potter is one to certainly look at IMO. 

Good coach, attractive football and bonus of being a brummie too. 

Not sure about Stevie Geeeeeee at all and hope the board do all they can to get the right man in.

Agreed. 

Potter would be an excellent choice but would take some prising away from Brighton. As a current Premier League manager he would be able to hit the ground running

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I wonder how JT would feel if Gerrard got the job.

Think he'd wish him well. They're good friends, and Gerrard was close to joining Chelsea thanks to JT pushing for the move til the Scouse mafia piled so much pressure on him, his friends and family it was made obvious the move would be messy.

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I didn't think I'd say this, but how is Sean Dyche actually? I have thought about him as a Bruce/McLeish/Allerdyce-type who plays primitive football, but I actually don't know much about how they play, just that they are hard to beat and that he seems to make his players 100% comitted all the time. He has worked miracles with the budget he has got. I wonder what he could do with better players and a bigger budget? Anyone have any more insight on him?

Not saying we should go form him, just a spontaneous thought that I actually don't know much about him. 

Bold post. He talks too much for me!