The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, jim said:

The more I think about it, I think it will be Gerrard.

Had an unbelievable year with Rangers going 12 months unbeaten in the league, has history of working with young players at Liverpool and is a big name that will get plenty of media attention.

My over 50s sunday league has more talent than the scottish premiership...and in the grand scheme of things rangers are a very very average footballing side..Gerrard is a very average manager too.

So no Thanks in regards to gerrard.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Its kind of a good barometer that one!

No it really isn't. Because results don't really transition between clubs. Because the players are different. A great striker or goal keeper will mean your results look a lot better than they should. In potters case they look worse than they should because his best attacking player is meal maupay. 

10 minutes ago, macandally said:

That’s the problem, they know they need to go big and I don’t think they can.

I also have a mistrust of Purslow/Lange until there is clarity on who hired/fired coaching staff and transfer strategy.  Something is iffy for things to turn so quickly!

Lange is on borrowed time anyway imo. Be really surprised if he's here next season.

Unless we get to the root of a pretty disastrous coaching re shuffle the on field problems will remain.

I guess we have someone lined up, if it was just the loss on Friday then they could have announced it earlier. I guess they used the week end to sound out candidates. I think Purslow and the owners are schrewd calculating people that already have a plan. Also the reasoning that there is an international break now to give the new manager time suggests that it will be a quick appointment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I wouldn’t touch anyone from the eredivise in a fit. DeBoer won leagues there, Cocu looked great. Slow paced league. Managers shown up when they step up.

They’re doing well in the CL to be fair to them 

Just now, hippo said:

Lange is on borrowed time anyway imo. Be really surprised if he's here next season.

Unless we get to the root of a pretty disastrous coaching re shuffle the on field problems will remain.

I’m going higher up the ladder and doubting purslow now. Pitarch an absolute bust. Lange - who knows, don’t look great. On Purslow.

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Is there any reasons why Gerrard is currently the favourite?

Surprising really as he distanced himself from the Newcastle job. Is under contract at Rangers , and on easy Street.

I would have thought the out of work managers would be shorter odds.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

There's been some good jokes in this thread, but the overall feeling is very depressing to be honest.

I’ve learned that none of the options are good enough, anyway! Wonder what Dean Smith is up to these days?

• Like 1