The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Don’t really know who would suggest ‘next level’ without it being ridiculed for being unrealistic. Purslow has a tough job on his hands here.

That’s the problem, they know they need to go big and I don’t think they can.

I also have a mistrust of Purslow/Lange until there is clarity on who hired/fired coaching staff and transfer strategy.  Something is iffy for things to turn so quickly!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Potter would be my pick, only slight concern is that he often play three at the back.

Wouldn't mind if we come up with some European big name though. I'd love to have Mancini here 😄 

Lots of people don’t understand that tony bloom and Dan ashworth are as much responsible for Brighton’s upturn than Potter. I’m not saying he isn’t good but it’s too simplistic to think “ pluck him away, yep that’ll do “

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He's a fantastic manager if you just look at results sure, he's not been stellar. Mainly because of a lack of a goal scorer at Brighton. But in terms of performances they've been top of the league the last few years. Only really behind the top dogs like city, Liverpool and Chelsea in terms of xG. 

100% this. If we got Potter we would fly up the table.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Is there any reasons why Gerrard is currently the favourite?

I think they know nothing. Betting markets immediately go live when a manager loses his job. Someone has to be favourite even if it’s telling you nothing really.

Edited by Johnnyp

The more I think about it, I think it will be Gerrard.

Had an unbelievable year with Rangers going 12 months unbeaten in the league, has history of working with young players at Liverpool and is a big name that will get plenty of media attention.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tezzaleed said:

Not keen on Gérard.  Any measure of success with us and he'll jump ship as soon as klopp moves on from Liverpool.

But to counter that, he doesn’t get the Liverpool gig if it goes tits up for him at Villa. Ever. So if he came here 18 months to 2 years and lit it up, i wouldn’t care. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I know it’s a dumb reaction but I can’t help it - the response from our players is pissing me off. Yes I know it’s expected they’d respond and it’s nice they’re saying nice things, but so much of this is down to them. If they really loved the gaffer that much they wouldn’t be putting in half arsed performances every week.  

I think it's a fair point.