The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

It’s a definite no for Roberto Martinez or Southgate too… 

Edited by calcifer
Forgot to add the gif - DOH!
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Gabby has spent the last few years engaged in efforts to repair his reputation as Mr Aston Villa when he was out partying in London the night we got relegated, and took a fortune out of this club, while phoning in performances and needed to go to fat camp, what, twice? Our captain. I genuinely **** hate the bloke, he was a parasite feeding off this club and his opinion on Garde isn't worth a damn.

Yep, it was painful that Gabby was the personification of Villa for that long. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I really wouldn’t mind Gerrard. I think players would look up to him and be quite inspired. 

I don’t think Gerrard is a tactical genius so would be interesting to see how he could cope with playing Man City one week and then Chelsea the next. Very different to the Scottish league that’s for sure! 

Saying that though, it takes something to be able to motivate a team for an entire season to go unbeaten and win the league. highest scoring side as well, and I believe best defence? (Someone might know if that is correct or not). 

So I don’t think he would be an awful appointment, he will just need to prove himself very quickly. 

I don’t suspect he is in the running for us though. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrSmirch said:

Whisper the name quietly… Mark Delaney

Don't think it will be

But at the same time its got to be someone who can bring the kids through

In that regard it is a tough gig, get us up the table but also use the academy, the latter being what I thought would actually save Smith

7 minutes ago, MCU said:

What’s this obsession with Potter? Bang average manager. Talk about sidewards step. 

He's a fantastic manager if you just look at results sure, he's not been stellar. Mainly because of a lack of a goal scorer at Brighton. But in terms of performances they've been top of the league the last few years. Only really behind the top dogs like city, Liverpool and Chelsea in terms of xG. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Whisper the name quietly… Mark Delaney

I'm surprised he's not had a crack, but he's been working with us as a coach for nearly 15 years now, I suspect he's happy to just still be involved in the game without the stress of management, and I can't blame him