The next manager of Aston Villa

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Hassenhuttl has experience of Leipzig and Southampton. His style of play fits with our squad. We play a counter pressing game and we have the players for his 4 2 2 2 system. McGinn and Luiz can try get back to their roles from last season as defensive midfielders, or we can even have Sanson and Luiz in there. His attacking midfield 2 play narrow so we could play Ramsey on left side and Buendia on right side, With Bailey Watkins and Ings for the forward positions.

Southampton haven't invested in their squad in an era when most of the League has been investing. So he's done a good job there, with that terrible run last season the only real blip.

This...  Southampton's owners have been asset stripping the club.  Meanwhile, Villa's owners have done nothing but dump more and more money into our squad.  His style suits us and is a realistic appointment.  I'd prefer him more than Potter, Nuno, or Fookin' Gerrard.  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Most managers have bad runs yet we just sacked ours for just that after three seasons of massive progression.  Your argument doesn’t fly, Hassenhuttl record is no better than Smiths, it would be a poor hire.

2 years of massive progression

1 year of massive regression - which is why he's gone.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, useless said:

Nuno makes a lot of sense to me, didn't really fail at Wolves or Spurs, has recent premier league experience, showed last season that he could keep a struggling team in the league, and has also shown that he can get a non top six club into Europe. I woudn't particulary want him, but could see the logic.

How does a manager that lost the fans after 9 games not considered a failure. I'm not sure he could have failed harder. 

Think the problem with Gerrard is we actually play Liverpool away soon.

Houllier came in and didn't have a great start. We then got turned over 3-0 away at Liverpool and he praised them afterwards and immediately most match going fans went against him.

Can easily see a situation where we don't get off to a flyer given the fixtures, got to Liverpool and he touches the sign and waves to the Kop....and we get turned over convincingly. Then he's on the backfoot straight away whereas a manager with no Liverpool connection you'd just put off as expected result.

I'd rather not bother tbh. Also a manager you can't really build for with long term as Klopp could easily decide to leave in next two years, think he said as much in an interview he did last season.

5 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Yea Ten Hag is going to leave a huge European club with great ethos and young players to come and manage Villa  :D 

Yeah but are any of those young players Keinan Davis? 🤔

Exactly.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

That's a bit premature. Of the summer signings Bailey has started 2 games, due to injuries, Buendia 7 games due to injuries/match fitness/international issues and Ings 9 games. Give them chance.

Also why some people still think Dean was sacked a bit early.

• Like 3

Spurs were eighth when they sacked Nuno, not many points off top four, of course he didn't fail there, they were just ruthless in firing him because they had the opportunity appoint Conte.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No but his signings hasn't worked.

The defensive midfield position still not been rectified.

Mate, the signings haven't worked because of the manager and coaching. That's why they just been sacked?

We tried our best to get JWP and Smith-Rowe, i'd say he ain't doing bad job.