Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

27 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

IMHO relegation will be betweenNorwich,Leeds.Watford and Saints.

No Newcastle ? I can’t see how they stop up at all. I don’t thing they can sign a whole new squad in January and Callum Wilson apart they are a mid table championship side. Going down will cause them all sorts of FFP problems unless they choose to ignore it. 

Leeds are another interesting one. I thought last season they were a really poor side (raphina aside) that ran around a lot and beat sides that wouldn’t match the work rate. This season they seem to be running less and with far less intensity, almost looks like beilsa is loosing the dressing room a bit. So with that being said I think they might be in trouble not that sky would ever say that because they seem to think they are everybody’s second favourite side for sone reason.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I think you can add a few more to that list. Burnley, Southampton and Brentford who may have 16 points but were really poor yesterday and a better team would have smashed them. 

• Like 1

Bielsa always tires his players out. He likes young players as they will run all day and not complain. In the premier you have to have more than one way of playing. I think thats what he is doing now and finding out that the only skillset they have that is better than alot of others is to run quickly and not stop running quickly.  Passing , defending, shooting are all quite low level in reality . 

11 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Newcastle, Leeds and Burnley for the drop...

Well one can dream!

Newcastle are in a lot of trouble!

They may have money but top players are not going to be in a rush to sign up for a relegation battle.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

19 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

No Newcastle ? I can’t see how they stop up at all. I don’t thing they can sign a whole new squad in January and Callum Wilson apart they are a mid table championship side. Going down will cause them all sorts of FFP problems unless they choose to ignore it. 

Perhaps the OP meant the "relegation battle" (sorry @turvontour), because Newcastle aren't in that. They're in a relegation whimper.

10 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Newcastle are in a lot of trouble!

They may have money but top players are not going to be in a rush to sign up for a relegation battle.

Massive game tonight. I know we all want Norwich to beat them but I think it will be Smiths first defeat

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't see how you watch Newcastle and Norwich and think we're relegation rivals, we're nowhere near that bad, not even close 

We'll finish 10 odd points clear 

Good. I think so as well.  But I will never take our PL status for granted ever again so I am gonna stress until we are well clear of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Everyone from Brighton down  is a potential relegation candidate IMO, although the main ones besides Norwich and Newcastle are definitely Burnley, Watford and Southampton.

We were in real danger of being sucked into a proper relegation dogfight after the Southampton game but Gerrard's two wins have helped massively. We'll be fine.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Newcastle, Norwich, Watford are my favourites for the drop. Burnley have proven year after year that they can grind out results and they are doing so this year too and they do have some games in hand over those at the bottom. I think Leeds are simply too strong to go down. The brand of football Bielsa plays will also get them a good few wins, lots of losses too but the wins should be enough to see them safe. Saints and Everton are fluttering with a relegation scrap but, again I think they will be too strong to go down. Brentford and Palace may get dragged into the battle and particularly Brentford, they will be in the mix come April / May imo