Relegation Avoidance Thread

HanoiVillan

Sorry, but I think it has to be done. We have lost 5 on the bounce, and right now we look like we are the second-worst side in the division. It's hard to see where the next point might be coming from.

The run up to the new year is:

BRI / pal / MCI / LEI / liv / nor / BUR / CHE / lee

It's a tough run of games, but we really need to be on 20 points at the end of that as a minimum, so we're looking at a minimum of three wins. Norwich, Burnley and Leeds are the three bad teams in it, but if we don't get a win before Norwich we will have gone 10 games without a win and the confidence situation may be terminal. I think we just have to win one out of Brighton or Palace.

• Sad 2

Need 6 points from Burnley and Norwich in December. Win and draw from somewhere else.

20 points by end of 2021 wouldn't be amazing but would settle things down and probably only leave us 2-3 points off mid table so that's the task for new manager.

We've only got three more points than Fulham had after eleven games last season...

But only three less than Arsenal...

And we're on the same amount of points that Brighton had after eleven games last season...

Burnley too only had six points after eleven games...

genuine thread, like it or leave it ,,the table does not lie.

time to dig in, start playing solid players in middle , mcginn & doug, 

the rest are just not up to the battle in many ways, 

emi -not seen any thing yet

nakamba-terrible

play for draws, sit back & hit it long to olly , bout it with this bunch ,,playing the way DS is is clearly not working .

As things stand the is a very real possibility of relegation. We could be in the bottom 3 come Monday. If we don’t make a change I think we’ll go down.

1 hour ago, jim said:

As things stand the is a very real possibility of relegation. We could be in the bottom 3 come Monday. If we don’t make a change I think we’ll go down.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Can't believe we have one of these threads again. We could be in the bottom three by end of the weekend. Can't see Leeds being in the mix, Burnley usually grind results out so that leaves Watford and Newcastle and us. How sad it's come to this.

As bad as our position looks, we are also only 7 points off United who are in 5th, so long way to go, wether Dean stays or goes, I expect us to be safe. 

Norwich and Newcastle will go down, then it’s just 1 of Burnley, Leeds or Watford imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Norwich and Newcastle will go down, then it’s just 1 of Burnley, Leeds or Watford imo. 

I think Newcastle will spend enough in January to stay up. I agree that Norwich look doomed and hope that two of Burnley, Watford or Brentford, finish below us. We have 7 games left before the January window and will have played 20 games by then. We need another 10 points from those games to hit a point a game, on current form and in my opinion, we will do well to get 8 points. :(   

I thought to myself now that it looks like we might be a relegation battle it wouldn't surprise me if the lower teams suddenly started getting surprise results, just like the last time we were in a relegation battle and Chelsea, Spurs and others kept losing to our relegation rivals when any other season they wouldn't have done so. And now all of a sudden Norwich beating Brentford, although in that one I don't think Brentford losing is a bad result for us if it stays that way... Hopefully Brighton can beat Newcastle later on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I thought to myself now that it looks like we might be a relegation battle it wouldn't surprise me if the lower teams suddenly started getting surprise results, just like the last time we were in a relegation battle and Chelsea, Spurs and others kept losing to our relegation rivals when any other season they wouldn't have done so. And now all of a sudden Norwich beating Brentford, although in that one I don't think Brentford losing is a bad result for us if it stays that way... Hopefully Brighton can beat Newcastle later on.

Norwich currently 2-0 up away from home.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, useless said:

I thought to myself now that it looks like we might be a relegation battle it wouldn't surprise me if the lower teams suddenly started getting surprise results,.

And now Burnley are drawing away to Chelsea.

We’re eleven games into the season. We have 26 games to get around another 28 points. I’m not quite sure we should be paying too much attention to other teams’ results quite yet. Just concentrate on doing the business ourselves.

• Like 1