The_Steve

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, i hoped we might try and sign him this summer (for 40-50m), but highly unlikely i guess, as Brighton seem to sell all their players for 80-110m lol.

Good player though, very, very good.

I thought people wanted to make Mitoma like signings for what Brighton paid even though he went on loan for a season first? Not getting mugged off paying over the odds on players other teams have signed for a bargain.

Zaniolo deal points to us possibly being done as far as big money signings goes

Edited by Kiwivillan

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought people wanted to make Mitoma like signings for what Brighton paid even though he went on loan for a season first? Not getting mugged off paying over the odds on players other teams have signed for a bargain.

Zaniolo deal points to us possibly being done as far as big money signings goes

ideally, sure?

not sure i would bet a lot of money on us being able to find these players though, we dont have a track record of it?

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Only worry is, can they keep replacing their players? They're bound to sign some duds at some point.

If they're buying them for £5m though who cares? I think they can keep replacing and maintaining a decent level.

They'll have a drop off at some point, but they can supplement easily now with a nailed on successes like João Pedro for £30m.

Losing De Zerbi could be a bigger problem. Wouldn't be surprised if they got Potter back if he's still around.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Only worry is, can they keep replacing their players? They're bound to sign some duds at some point.

look at wolves, got to the point where uncle jorge went too young and green, they've got some high prospect players like silva playing 30 PL games at 18 and being years off ready, they had vitinha in at 20 and he wasn't ready now he plays for PSG

its a hard thing to keep getting right

4 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Julio Enciso suffered injury whilst training with Paraguay national team 

He was training with Brighton but for some reason the info has been released by the Paraguay national team. They suspect Meniscus tear, I have no idea what that means in terms of time out.

To counter the line of thinking that they can't keep performing in the transfer market.

I think they definitely can. If anything it'll be easier if clubs keep buying their players for £100m. It means they don't have to gamble on £4m punts, they can compete for, and get, much more sure things like Baleba and Joao Pedro.

• Like 1

Â