The_Steve

10 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Think living in Liverpool might come as a culture shock to the lad.

He wont be living in Liverpool...

And for £100k a week I'm not sure there'd be much of a culture shock living anywhere

On 16/06/2023 at 10:37, duke313 said:

The Brighton owners after selling players for double their price to the Big 6, and then turn out to be not that good.

I think they are all largely 'system' players and work very well in that system, but out of it are worthless. It's best to see them as mechanical components. A Ferrari engine will be a cutting edge and amazingly competent for it's role but out it in your old fiesta and it won't be compatible with anything and be shit despite costing a fortune

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think they are all largely 'system' players and work very well in that system, but out of it are worthless. It's best to see them as mechanical components. A Ferrari engine will be a cutting edge and amazingly competent for it's role but out it in your old fiesta and it won't be compatible with anything and be shit despite costing a fortune

I think Macallister will do well.

• 2 months later...

Obviously, they can still bring more people in before the window shuts, put replacing Caicedo, Mac Allister and Colwil with Dahoud, Milner and Igor is not looking like great business IMO.

On paper, their midfield looks far worse than ours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Obviously, they can still bring more people in before the window shuts, put replacing Caicedo, Mac Allister and Colwil with Dahoud, Milner and Igor is not looking like great business IMO.

On paper, their midfield looks far worse than ours.

Agree our midfield looks stronger.

Regards to Colwil, im pretty such he was a bench player for most of the season until towards the end.

I think Milner can do Caicedos job easily. 

No idea how good Dahoud is. 

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Agree our midfield looks stronger.

Regards to Colwil, im pretty such he was a bench player for most of the season until towards the end.

I think Milner can do Caicedos job easily. 

No idea how good Dahoud is. 

Took him a while to become a starter for them, but in the second half of the season he was a mainstay in the starting XI.

I'm sure Milner will do okay, but he's 37. Is he going to play every game?

Dahoud is 50/50.  Could be good, but is he going to be better than Mac Allister?

Looks like first match they started with Groß and Dahoud in midfield and Milner was RB. So I'd like to think we're stronger than them in midfield but they possibly have better wide/creative players like Mitoma, Enciso and João Pedro.

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

I think Mitoma might well be one of the best players in the league…

tbh, i hoped we might try and sign him this summer (for 40-50m), but highly unlikely i guess, as Brighton seem to sell all their players for 80-110m lol.

Good player though, very, very good.

Â