The_Steve

2 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Why is De Zerbi getting constantly linked with Barcelona, Liverpool etc when his biggest achievement is a sixth place finish with Brighton? His teams are very inconsistent (not won two in a row since September) and defensively shaky. Brighton are entertaining at times, but I think he's been massively overhyped in the media.

Something tells me it's his agent playing a blinder, Brighton have taken a step backwards this year - to be fair after a few years of impressive steps forward - but have you seen any criticism? Instead the manager's stock is going higher 

Might be different if they lose in the EL though 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is getting linked because he is managing Brighton and has to deal with players leaving regularly while still challenging top 8. He is doing a great job and did a good job at Sassuolo and Shakhtar before this and has a chance of winning the Europa League

Sassuolo - took a team from lower mid table to upper mid table. 

Shakhtar - Won the Ukrainian league with a team that regularly finishes first or second. 

Pep and football journalists talk him up a lot but I don't think there's enough of a track record for him to be linked with the top jobs in Europe yet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Sassuolo - took a team from lower mid table to upper mid table. 

Shakhtar - Won the Ukrainian league with a team that regularly finishes first or second. 

Pep and football journalists talk him up a lot but I don't think there's enough of a track record for him to be linked with the top jobs in Europe yet. 

His teams play good football that also gets results.

We're normalised to Brighton being in the top of the Premier League - that's insane.

• Like 1

A master class from Ten haag. I'm just joking of course and although it's different class to first game but it's the same that one team dominate but can't score the other team park the bus but score its a masterclass

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

We're normalised to Brighton being in the top of the Premier League - that's insane.

They entertain but they also concede a lot of goals. Very inconsistent but fun to watch. Don't think that would work out well at Anfield or the Nou Camp. 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Don't disagree

But landing a job at Liverpool or barca, 2 of the biggest jobs in the world? 

Not saying neither would take that risk but I don't see his profile fitting, also not saying alonso is established but if he wins the bundesliga he'll be half way there (and there's a link to both bayern and Liverpool which makes it easier - see also xabi) they'll go for a top table manager and Di zerbi isn't in that club 

He'd be on a hiding to nothing at Liverpool, the rags will eat him alive 

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Don't disagree

But landing a job at Liverpool or barca, 2 of the biggest jobs in the world? 

Not saying neither would take that risk but I don't see his profile fitting, also not saying alonso is established but if he wins the bundesliga he'll be half way there (and there's a link to both bayern and Liverpool which makes it easier - see also xabi) they'll go for a top table manager and Di zerbi isn't in that club 

He'd be on a hiding to nothing at Liverpool, the rags will eat him alive 

De Zerbi has miles more to his game than Alonso - yet the idea of Alonso doesn’t seem ridiculous?

Just now, bobzy said:

De Zerbi has miles more to his game than Alonso - yet the idea of Alonso doesn’t seem ridiculous?

No because like I said alonso has a tie to both Liverpool and Bayern so him getting a chance makes sense

Leverkusen winning the league obviously helps, especially with bayern and how they operate 

Di Zerbi doesn't have that link, I don't see him getting the opportunity for a club that size based on what he's done so far, it's not enough 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

No because like I said alonso has a tie to both Liverpool and Bayern so him getting a chance makes sense

Leverkusen winning the league obviously helps, especially with bayern and how they operate 

Di Zerbi doesn't have that link, I don't see him getting the opportunity for a club that size based on what he's done so far, it's not enough 

He'll get a good gig back in Italy if he's overlooked here and in Spain. Juventus are playing dismal football currently so need to move on Allegri again and seems they have a crop of 3-4 young players ready to get regular games so that feels a decent fit to me.

Wonder if Potter is hanging on just to see if the Brighton job becomes available early in the summer and who knows he might end up back there and have them back in 14th playing amazing football but never scoring. 😂

That's the thing, De Zerbi has Brighton actually finishing in the top half now while that pretty much always eluded Potter.

Edited by VillaChris

Gone right off the boil last few months and very naïve to lose a first leg so badly.

Still top half and Europa knockouts is a solid season for them after selling their 2 best players.

10 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Gone right off the boil last few months and very naïve to lose a first leg so badly.

Still top half and Europa knockouts is a solid season for them after selling their 2 best players.

Think have had a lot of injuries recently as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

What's happened to Ferguson? 

They need him to develop and take over from welbeck 

Hopefully they decide to sell him to us for £20m in the summer.

• 4 weeks later...

Unprofessional imo, basically touting yourself out saying "i have a contract here, but its not a problem" etc etc.

Not saying he isnt allowed to want to move clubs, anyone is ofc, but to basically say you are open to leave etc, in an interview, is poor form.

Also goes on to say he isnt likely to sign a new contract, etc etc.

Looks like he is totally sold on his own hype, Brighton are the ones who gave him the chance to showcase his talents as a manager, and this is how he repays them.....nice.

If i was a club owner listening tot his, thinking about recruiting him, it would put me right off tbh.

Edited by MaVilla

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Unprofessional imo, basically touting yourself out saying "i have a contract here, but its not a problem" etc etc.

Not saying he isnt allowed to want to move clubs, anyone is ofc, but to basically say you are open to leave etc, in an interview, is poor form.

Also goes on to say he isnt likely to sign a new contract, etc etc.

Looks like he is totally sold on his own hype, Brighton are the ones who gave him the chance to showcase his talents as a manager, and this is how he repays them.....nice.

If i was a club owner listening tot his, thinking about recruiting him, it would put me right off tbh.

Its how its done in Italy though and he was an up and coming manager before Brighton. He is just being realistic which is better than some crap like I will be here for a long time and then leaving soon

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Unprofessional imo, basically touting yourself out 

Brighton are a club who have peaked and will struggle to stay where they are. He would be crazy to stay there. He's right to try to get himself a move while his stock is high. 

• Like 1

Â