Match Thread: LC3: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

We’ve really looked good.

Anyone else noticed how much better we are when we don’t have the ball this season? We just seem more organised with the press and a lot fitter.

Sanson was actually looking good before he went off. Tuanzebe, Traore and Cash also impressed.

I really do like a 4-3-3 formation. We get to see more of our wingers!

Just now, TreeVillan said:

Yup we're trolls for pointing out how bad his been. Let me go back and edit my messages to say how amazing he is for you. 

If you could that would be great thanks because we could do without such insane negative statements about our promising youth players. Cheers. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Decent account of ourselves. On paper they are stronger, they have home advantage, but we settled and now look the better team. Now watch us lose.

Not much of a home advantage when it's Chelsea, I could only hear the Villa fans singing all first half

• Like 1

Archer's finishes remind me of my PES play. Constantly hitting chip shots because I scored one once, always being furious with myself for trying them, but then continuing to try them afterwards

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Awol said:

Was thinking the same (metaphorically). Either side of Watkins would be lethal. 

Mine wasn’t metaphorical. When I see this at VP I’ll probably have to crack one off 🤣

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Really unlikeable character. A shout out to how ugly he is as well. I don’t think it’s fair to mention looks but on this occasion, I will, because he’s horrible to look at.

He’s what Mo Syzlak would call ‘Pug Fugly’

You don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire.

• Haha 1

Just now, Spoony said:

If you could that would be great thanks because we could do without such insane negative statements about our promising youth players. Cheers. 

I'm sorry for pointing out how poor he has been in this match so far. 

That ok for you precious?

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’ve really looked good.

Anyone else noticed how much better we are when we don’t have the ball this season? We just seem more organised with the press and a lot fitter.

Sanson was actually looking good before he went off. Tuanzebe, Traore and Cash also impressed.

I really do like a 4-3-3 formation. We get to see more of our wingers!

We seem much better at getting the foot in and actually winning the ball

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He hasn't looked sharp in any game yet. He's had moments but I'm a little concerned at how slow and weak he looks. 

Sigh. I agree with you. And that hurts 😉

The goal against Brentford aside, dare I say he’s looked…poor? 

I’m sure he’ll come good but he seems to give the ball away a lot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He hasn't looked sharp in any game yet. He's had moments but I'm a little concerned at how slow and weak he looks. 

I think he's (perhaps oddly given it's Buendia) looked good off the ball, but struggled on it.  His pressing is really strong.

He's also obviously a hot-headed person - getting really wound up when the others weren't pressing as enthusiastically :D

• Like 1