Pre-match thread

ender4

6 hours ago, Ouchmefoot said:

Is there any way to watch this legally in the UK?

If not, are there likely to be streams? I remember struggling to find anything in the CC last year.

Well it’s live on DAZN so should be streams aplenty

6 hours ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

As far as I know the answer to the first question is no.

As for the second, as the game is being shown live in several other countries...almost certainly yes.

if you live in australia it's on bein sports 1

south africa it's on supersport PSN

and ESPN+ in the US

This game has come at an unfortunate time with us being at Old Trafford on Saturday. For me we may as well go strong as Old Trafford will undoubtably be yet another dodgy defeat most likely down to the very predictable dodgy penalty & or sending off which we get against us every time we play them. Especially as it's on the back of Rondildo being denied 3 penno's for his Tom Daley esque diving performance against West Ham. No doubt Mike Dean will be under FA orders to make amends against us as he always does when they wheel him out when we play them or Liverpool.

Very odd isn't it how Ronaldo blatantly dives 3 times & gets no card at all & yet when we play them Ollie Watkins gets contact & goes down ONCE and gets sent off for it... & that's on top of the dodgy penalty they always get against us... No coincidence either that Man City & Arsenal both had penalties against them at the weekend & VAR overturns both. The scummy 6 really are protected are they not... Oh & West ham should have had a penalty too but of course being against Manure it wasn't given.

I make that 3 game changing decisions for the Scummy 6 in one weekend alone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Got to go strong in this one, if Chelsea don't put out a full team we can nick something here.

Feels like a loss regardless at the weekend so its pointless to let this one slip as well.

Wha?

Tough one to call squad wise, which means Dean will go strong as nobody wants to be the guy who turns up to Chelsea starting Bogarde, Chukweumeka and Archer only to find Rudiger, Kante and Lukaku on the opposing team sheet.

I'd only be resting Martinez and Konsa (as Axel can't play v United). With Bailey, Ramsey  and one of WatkIngs on the bench

Steer

Cash Tuanzebe Mings Young

Luiz Sanson

Traore.  Buendia. AEG

Watkins

Bench: Sinisalo, Bogarde, Hause, Chuk (if fit), Nakamba, Bailey, Ings, Archer, Ramsey

The other Ramsey coming in to the bench if Chuk isn't fit.

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Tough one to call squad wise, which means Dean will go strong as nobody wants to be the guy who turns up to Chelsea starting Bogarde, Chukweumeka and Archer only to find Rudiger, Kante and Lukaku on the opposing team sheet.

I'd only be resting Martinez and Konsa (as Axel can't play v United). With Bailey, Ramsey  and one of WatkIngs on the bench

Steer

Cash Tuanzebe Mings Young

Luiz Sanson

Traore.  Buendia. AEG

Watkins

Bench: Sinisalo, Bogarde, Hause, Chuk (if fit), Nakamba, Bailey, Ings, Archer, Ramsey

The other Ramsey coming in to the bench if Chuk isn't fit.

Which Chuk to chuck

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I'm no expert on keeping goal, but do goalkeepers normally ever need to rotate out and "rest"? Not sure I understand why Martinez wouldn't simply be an ironclad option in goal for this whole week (with no disrespect meant to Steer).

Agreed but it's pretty normal for the number 2 to be given the cup runs or at least the League Cup

• Like 1

Chelsea have a very crucial match against City on Saturday so I can't see them going too strong tomorrow. Expect to the see the likes of Saul (let's hope he's still drunk) and even players like Loftus-Cheek. I think if we play a semi-strong team we can get a result.