Pre-match thread

ender4

Just now, Keyblade said:

The 3 behind Archer could all be starters. Cash and Tuanzebe are already starters. What I'm trying to say is that if we had one of Ings or Watkins starting it would be a pretty strong team.

Yep, but could have done with a bit more experience on the bench. I get it's a few hours travel and all, but still...

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lads bare in mind, no matter what team Chelsea put out, it would have looked " strong "

Whilst this is true I wonder how often this team has played together. So you always have that lack of unity. I reckon our strongest 11 would win today.  But I can understand Smith wanting to give all the squad as many minutes as possible so more prepared when called upon for first time action. 

I think Chelsea will win comfortably but it’s a good opportunity for a lot of these players to stake a claim in first 11 for league games.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

If that's our 2nd string we've progressed massively over the past couple of years.

Jack aside, that’s arguably as strong as the team that started the season during our first season back in the PL. 

Incredible progress really. 

I’m absolutely not being critical, and after his exploits in the last round I totally understand Archer keeping his place. But after missing a few games through injury I think I would maybe have considered giving Watkins a bit of a run out. 

2 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Watkins will have been likely left out as he has just had a baby. 

Totally forgot about that, ignore my post above 😁