Pre-match thread

ender4

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

each to his own...i don't see it as much of a legacy. as great as those achievements are, i'd like to see something in the trophy cabinet (and i'm not counting the trophy for the playoff final...still have no reason why trophies are given for that)

We haven't won anything for 25 years, 2 trophies in nearly 40 years. It is quite difficult.  He got us to within 90 minutes of one in his first full season with us.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We haven't won anything for 25 years, 2 trophies in nearly 40 years. It is quite difficult.  He got us to within 90 minutes of one in his first full season with us.

i'm not saying it's easy. but so many teams destined for a mid table finish basically sack off the cups by fielding under strength teams in winnable games. a strong villa 11 should beat a heavily rotated chelsea 11.

i just disagree with what you said that our main priority should be top half. this is a more realistic route into europe than via the league too, IMO.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Are cash and targett both injured too then?

29 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Will Bailey be fit for the ManUre game ?

28 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Where have you seen Cash and Targett ruled out?

Flashed across sky headline banner, no news story yet, guess club will play mind games and keep schtum till late.🤞

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The carabao cup would be an excellent trophy to have and I say it that it's a signal by claiming it this season. Personally I don't think were ready for europe so why not capture it and go full strength team.

Just reading from Chelsea fans and they think they may be fielding the B team including Barkley.

• Like 1

Winning silverware is always a positive thing so I think Villa should go for a strong squad tonight. Even if Chelsea rotates most of its squad, they have such an embarassment of riches that we cant expect to play mostly youngsters and get something out of it.

It's by far our best chance to getting some silverware and also going to Wembley so I hope we go as strong as possible injuries perimitting. Usually our thread bare squad makes me well up for some rotation but we've got numbers this year so will need everyone through the course of the season. 

Still think the team below will be close to the team tonight. Quite excited and think we’ll do well and sneak through: 

Martinez 

Cash    Tuanzebe      Hause     Young

Nakamba

Sanson (if fit)  Buendia

Traore          Watkins        El Ghazi

Subs:  Steer, Konsa, Targett, Ramsey 1, Ramsey 2, Chuk 1, Chuk 2, JPB, Archer

Full rest for Mings, Luiz, McGinn, Bailey, Ings.

Edited by ferguson1