Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/21 at 22:59

I'm as guilty as anyone of having a moan from time to time after a poor performance, whether directed at the manager, specific players or all of the above.

I can understand some of the criticism of Mings, but honestly if people are criticizing the manager or the team performance after that result today they need their heads checked IMO.

That's as good as we've looked all season. If it wasn't for 2 individual errors on the part of our captain (needs to work hard on his concentration and application under pressure) and a really poor show from a shite referee, we'd have had a least a point from that IMO. We were good value for that, if not the win.

It's a shame but by no means disheartening.

• Like 3

We lost three nil and yet I really enjoyed the way we played. We made a few glaring errors but we showed the kind of passion and desire that I've waited a long time to see. The speed and accuracy of our passing and movement in the first half was especially encouraging. Is Aaron Danks already having an effect on the "Monday to Friday" stuff? Or is it the return of a few key players to fitness?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

villanmac and villalad21 are both obviously the same person. Check the voting for proof!

lol ref very good and smith very poor. not sure how you get further removed from reality without being someone who pays to go and listen to farage talk or something.

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Four points from 12… let’s face it it’s probably going to be four from 15… I’d say we are quite close. 
Teams are capable of looking great for certain periods of matches. However we still made mistakes which lead to conceding, and we failed to score despite all the attempts. Wins are going to be very few and far between this season. 
If Chelsea had put away two more of their attempts on target, making it a 5-0 score line, would people have been happy? I don’t think so.

Why is it probably 4 points from 15? You think our performance today will likely result in a loss against Everton? Seriously?

• Like 1

On the way home from the game and can’t get my head around the negativity from some posters. The result doesn’t reflect the performance and the fans today were immense.

No criticism of the players or the management, the only criticism is towards the officials and the  negativity of the usual suspects on here.

UTV

• Like 3

I thought we played well. Mendy was looking unbeatable, and against any other goalie, we would have scored two or three. 

Just for comic relief, I watched the Arsenal/ Norwich game, and such a contrast between the two games. If we played like we did against either of those two, we would have won 5 - 0.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

On the way home from the game and can’t get my head around the negativity from some posters. The result doesn’t reflect the performance and the fans today were immense.

No criticism of the players or the management, the only criticism is towards the officials and the  negativity of the usual suspects on here.

UTV

The fans sounded great today.

1st half was the best I’ve seen us play without Grealish. The intensity was spot but failed to take our chances. 2nd goal killed us but I’m encouraged by the performance overall. McGinn was back to his best, still plays one too many Hollywood balls for my liking but he looks fit again. Ramsey is starting to look a real player and was unlucky to be subbed but will let Smith off as he had been booked. Luiz looked better for the second game running. Watkins was his usual handful, he’s a great player for us. Would love to know how 11 people voted Steer as MOTM, he was poor. I’m grateful for his part in getting us promoted but he isn’t a PL quality.

Oh, and the ref was embarrassing.

Edited by WHY

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Why is it probably 4 points from 15? You think our performance today will likely result in a loss against Everton? Seriously?

Because everything is terrible we're going down may as well just concede to Everton now and dissolve the club boo boo

An excellent performance let down by shocking refereeing, individual mistakes and simply awful commentary.

McGinn so clearly MOTM that Atwell had to give him a yellow. The temerity of taking that honour away from Lukaku!

5 hours ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I wonder if Jack watches our games and feels just a teeny tiny bit bad when he sees us lose?  Who am I kidding. He’s living the dream that made his year. Good performance from us undone by a bad ref and poor defending. We go again! 

I could not give a f*ck if jack watches our games or not 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Despite the result, I found a lot of plus points in the performance. 

Totally agree with this. It was frustrating yesterday but I really enjoyed the game and the performance. It was our best for some time. If we keep at those levels it will be a good season. 

• Like 2

Â