Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/21 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Failed gambit?

He set the team up in the formation and style that gave us the best opportunity to win the game. 

In the first half, we should be 3-1 up. The manager's approach worked. He isn't to blame for countless poor finishes. 

We start the 2nd half well, gift them a goal and mentally it kills us. 

2 years ago we played 5-3-2 at Leicester and played for a draw 100%

Today we played a similar formation, attacked the European champs and deserved something from the game. 

What more do people want?

Well said

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Souness giving us praise, what kind of alternate universe is this?

Has someone spiked his Coffee? 😂

"They weren't at their best today but they won without being at their best because they've got some people who've got that stardust."

Spot on.

First half I thought we were very good and should have gone in at half time at the very minimum on level terms, the second goal killed us but I'm not disheartened with the performane, we will play worse than that this season and pick up 3 points.

Ref was a homer and McGinn mom.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Four points from 12… let’s face it it’s probably going to be four from 15… I’d say we are quite close. 
Teams are capable of looking great for certain periods of matches. However we still made mistakes which lead to conceding, and we failed to score despite all the attempts. Wins are going to be very few and far between this season. 
If Chelsea had put away two more of their attempts on target, making it a 5-0 score line, would people have been happy? I don’t think so.

53 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Four points from 12… let’s face it it’s probably going to be four from 15… I’d say we are quite close. 
Teams are capable of looking great for certain periods of matches. However we still made mistakes which lead to conceding, and we failed to score despite all the attempts. Wins are going to be very few and far between this season. 
If Chelsea had put away two more of their attempts on target, making it a 5-0 score line, would people have been happy? I don’t think so.

They only had 4 on target so not possible for them to score 2 from there extra shot on target

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Some awful, awful takes in this thread. Laughable.

Just one of those games where nothing went for us.

McGinn getting some criticism for his performance off some is actually hilarious.

Indeed, some people having a different view of the match from the majority is disgraceful and shocking. I hope this sort of thing can be stamped out.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Indeed, some people having a different view of the match from the majority is disgraceful and shocking. I hope this sort of thing can be stamped out.

Indeed, some people having an opinion on those different views is disgraceful and shocking. 

I hope this sort of thing can be stamped out. 

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Indeed, some people having an opinion on those different views is disgraceful and shocking. 

I hope this sort of thing can be stamped out. 

Describing alternative views as ‘laughable’ and “hilarious” is probably a good start.

14 minutes ago, wedge said:

Defeats like this hurt more than when we're awful and get hammered. How the hell have we lost that 3-0?

Hopefully we can get revenge of sorts a week Wednesday in the cup!

yeah, they can be, because you’re not always guaranteed a repeat performance against different opposition. When you have your chance to make a statement against an unsure Chelsea side who we managed to create plenty against; you have to take it.

I like the look of this team though. Especially with the Emigos coming back

On the way back. 

Referee was horrendous today. gave some easy yellow cards but didn't show consistency with Chelski. However, we would have lost anyway. 

Good first half. Mings mistake killed the game. 

Any point would have been a bonus today. roll on Everton. 

Villa fans you were brilliant 👍

• Like 3

Â