Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/21 at 22:59

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Thx.

I was really impressed with us yesterday. We played far better than I expected and DS played one of his better games as manager. But, there comes a point when you are just beaten by better players and you can't really blame DS for any part of yesterday (although, I like the earlier suggestion of playing Konsa in the middle). 

The extra 10% though is so difficult and that is what costs the big money, I think Lukaku and Ronaldo showed that yesterday. 

100% this, Tuenzebe Konza Mings all day. 

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Problem is some of our fans only look at scorelines. I thought we were brilliant. 

Agree but it's that little bit of extra quality that make the result.

Re people just see the score and base everything around this is not good, how many times have we seen, say a brilliant Spurs performance against the worst Newcastle ever but Wilson skanks in a winner against everything and then gets awarded MOTM on sky or MOTD. idiots.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

40 heyyy, just getting in to your prime pal, good on ya.

1981 was a good year to be born as a Villa fan. Until you were about 2 you must have really enjoyed winning the league and the European Cup, you've had a tough 38 years since then. Hopefully the glory days will return. Happy Birthday!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Agree but it's that little bit of extra quality that make the result.

Re people just see the score and base everything around this is not good, how many times have we seen, say a brilliant Spurs performance against the worst Newcastle ever but Wilson skanks in a winner against everything and then gets awarded MOTM on sky or MOTD. idiots.

The quality makes all the difference but I remember the days of going to places like Stanford Bridge to park the bus and losing by the odd goal. I’d much take the 3-0 but give them a game. 

Agree MOTD is a joke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

And stick Martinez in behind that and I think we will pick up a fair few points. 

Yep, Id rather see Ash then Targs though, so I'd like to see some 343's but the rest of that 4 I'm not sure, its 2 from Luiz Ramsey SJM and then Cash(???) not sure on Cash there, but who? Then we have 3 from plenty of attacking threat.

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

1981 was a good year to be born as a Villa fan. Until you were about 2 you must have really enjoyed winning the league and the European Cup, you've had a tough 38 years since then. Hopefully the glory days will return. Happy Birthday!

Haha, thanks mate. Still good to know Villa have won league and European cup in my lifetime.

• Like 1

The performance yesterday and knowing the players we had missing suggests we could possibly have a good Cup run this season if DS prioritises it and plays our strongest team. A little bit of good fortune, a little more concentration and with a full strength team I think we have the ability to beat any team on our day. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The quality makes all the difference but I remember the days of going to places like Stanford Bridge to park the bus and losing by the odd goal. I’d much take the 3-0 but give them a game. 

Agree MOTD is a joke.

YES.

damn out of likes already, STD.

Have this instead birthday boy.

Image result for bella thorne gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yep, Id rather see Ash then Targs though, so I'd like to see some 343's but the rest of that 4 I'm not sure, its 2 from Luiz Ramsey SJM and then Cash(???) not sure on Cash there, but who? Then we have 3 from plenty of attacking threat.

DS and Lange have does a fairly decent job in the windows at giving us much more options with our formation. Its a long time since we have had so many options to put out a reasonably strong team. It used to be just one formation and if we deviated from that we were playing the reserve players and looking very weak. I like what we have now. I am looking forward to seeing some mid game changes in formation to turn things around. This may help us to try and get something out of a game where we fall behind. We were dire at that last season, once we concede it was game over.

There are some seriously upset fans all over social media, some of the comments are absolutely mental.

Ironically, we have been getting alot of praise from pundits and opposition fans, for a losing performance, which on a scoreline basis probably looks much worse than it was.

We would turn over most teams with a performance like that.

Also, bare in mind, we were without our number 1 keeper, and Buendia.

I hope it's not one of those false dawns we have had, but the signs look promising.

• Like 2

It's odd to take so many positives out of a 3-0 loss but it was an odd game in some ways. 

One of the best things for me, though, was the bench. Actual options! The ability for Smith to make meaningful changes to our shape and personnel is a great sign of where we're headed. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There are some seriously upset fans all over social media, some of the comments are absolutely mental.

Ironically, we have been getting alot of praise from pundits and opposition fans, for a losing performance, which on a scoreline basis probably looks much worse than it was.

We would turn over most teams with a performance like that.

Also, bare in mind, we were without our number 1 keeper, and Buendia.

I hope it's not one of those false dawns we have had, but the signs look promising.

We take a couple of our chances and don't make the mistakes at the back and we win that game against the current European champions and title favourites. At their place.

**** long way from MacCormack's gate isn't it?

Why don't we see the same drive and energy against the lesser sides?

Seriously though. Played with an urgency and aggression yesterday I've not seen this season. It's like they were out there to prove something.

Should play with such intensity every game. 

It just frustrates me so much. They show at times that they've got so much to give yet they don't do it every week. Why?

I'm not talking about the performance but the intensity.

Â