January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Blame Charles Ponzi.

We're involved in something that is unstoppable, we have to decide where in the Ponzi scheme we want to be, if we are on the bottom layer we will cease to exist. 

We will cease to exist anyway as far as I’m concerned if we joined such a ridiculous idea. The PL is already the best league in the world, why would anybody with half a brain want to hand all power back to the European Clubs, Real Madrid, Barca, Milan clubs etc are all on their arse, why would you want to help them. Also their would be a fair chance we would just become a franchise team like in the NFL. We would just be a name at this point and Aston Villa could be playing their home games in Las Vegas for example.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WHY said:

We will cease to exist anyway as far as I’m concerned if we joined such a ridiculous idea. The PL is already the best league in the world, why would anybody with half a brain want to hand all power back to the European Clubs, Real Madrid, Barca, Milan clubs etc are all on their arse, why would you want to help them. Also their would be a fair chance we would just become a franchise team like in the NFL. We would just be a name at this point and Aston Villa could be playing their home games in Las Vegas for example.  

Oh don't get me wrong I hate it, I'm mocking the idea, sorry if that's not clear. The game needs rewinding and everything capping at a level that will be manageable for the rest of time.

• Like 2

If we manage to sign Bissouma (next?) then that is another huge statement… I’m sure he’s been coveted by most of the top clubs, at least in PL. I think we’d pose a genuine threat to the majority of teams in this league if we get him in too…

Maybe we’ll take the opportunity to just pay what’s required and jump ahead of the queue, might be difficult to persuade him to come to us but not at all impossible…

However, there are plenty of options in terms of a quality DM.

This just carries the least risk (that’s if he’s cleared of any wrongdoing regarding his case) and solves a problem for us in the quickest possible way. I think we’d all be delighted if we managed to sign him… there wouldn’t be any major concerns or major weaknesses in our side then imo and we can just upgrade as needed moving forwards. The missing piece if you will…

• Like 1