January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

We don't really need an attacking midfielder McAtee's age as we've already got Aaron Ramsey and Carney Chukwuemeka, if you think McAtee looks impressive in that video, Aaron Ramsey and Chukwuemeka look like they're on another level at U23 level.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign some more youngsters, especially in midfield, but maybe at lower age level, Leo Cardoso and Jamal Jimoh from Albion could be two to watch out for, just based on the fact that our academy staff will know them well, they've already played with some of our current players, and as England youth internationals will be highly rated, although if we do make a move for them might be more likely to happen in the summer, and obviously there's Isaac Moore from Coventry as well.

Edited by useless

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Hi guys, i’m looking for information on other teams transfers, particularly Birmingham City’s. Is this the right thread for what I seek?  

No that would be in other football 

6 hours ago, villaglint said:

I don’t feel we lack bodies, we lack quality. I’d be happy if we signed one player per window for a while and spent the whole budget on that. 

if only money alone, guarantee's it?

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has anybody realised how much we've missed Nakamba 2.0 yet?

Results a coincidence?

Now imagine if we had an even better CDM than Nakamba 2. 0 ?

Haha you little tinker, making a back door method of a very good point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:

It’s not the size it’s how you use it. 😉

you have no idea what salvation that statement has brought to many men.😀

and how so many women see it as a total betrayal of the truth.🙄

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Can't see why Citeh would sell McAtee if he's so highly rated

they sold Sancho at 17...we never know the ins and outs.

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I may have missed something, but why on earth would Manchester City sell us a hugely promising youngster? 

FFP and money shuffling, throw in some clauses or the reality that if they want him for £100m in 5 years time they can get him 

They sell a couple off each year, sancho being the obvious one but off the top of my head there's also matondo, nmecha, harrison, tosin adacantspellhisname

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I may have missed something, but why on earth would Manchester City sell us a hugely promising youngster? 

Maybe he's due an injury and unlikely to play for a couple of years. They see us a good fit ! 😃

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

From the little I've read he's not signed a new contract with them yet and his current one runs out in 2023 so they would cash in before he leaves for free. Maybe even insert a buy back clause.

No idea but if they believe in him I don't see why they would not keep him. Then again they've let some good young players go too so who knows.

We have a limited amount of money due to quite heavy spending since we got promoted.

My main question is how to approach this window. Do we go for either:

1. Wait until summer with real quality due to better return on investment (january usually more expensive thant summer) and run with what we got. This could also give i.e. Chuk, Archer, JPB (unless loaned out) more chances

2. Go big in january and pay the price.

If we feel Europe is out of reach this season I wouldnt mind nr 1. However then we also need to use the younger players, and not give game time to players who are not expected to be here in the future. 

No matter the choice I expect any played to come in to be a clear upgrade on the ones we already have. Except CB where I can admit that competition might be the most needed. LB and DM are in dire need of strengthening.

• Like 2

It's option 1 for me. Plan for the summer by blooding youngsters and testing players. We are highly unlikely to make Europe or go down so use the rest of the season to make us stronger for the future.

Obviously if a good LB/ CDM etc come available at a price that we feel is decent value then go for it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Snodgrass and Elmo both going to Blues 😞

They wouldn't be able to afford Snodgrass's wages and I think Elmo has retired.

Just checked and they are in their usual lower mid table place in 18th. Must be about 4 years in the last 30 in the top flight.  Going nowhere.

Patterson to Everton as good as done. £12m is a good fee. And that's a club record for Rangers. Good value signing that. Wouldn't have minded that. 

Hopefully we can lockdown a full back sharpish too. Wonder how much Hickey will cost us?

Edited by HalfTimePost