Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Just now, est1874 said:

He's 17... to be fair like.

I know and I’m a huge fan of his, he’s excellent, I was a just offering a comment on the half. Also to be fair, the opposition don’t care if you’re 17 or 47, so you’ve got to be fully on it regardless.

He’ll be in our side for many years to come I’m sure :) 

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

If that goal was allowed to stand you’d get every striker standing in front of a keeper when he’s trying to kick it out.

Never a goal.

it used to be and Alan Shearer special I remember him to doing it To Bozzie right in front of the Holte 

Edited by Robtaylor200

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Because everyone knows you can't do it 🤣

It's like saying you haven't seen someone pick the ball up and run into the opposition's net.

Not that at Sunday league level, just don't think anyone is good enough to do it... You see plenty of morons trying to block or mark the keeper but never anyone try and flick it like that 

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It’s not a goal, the rules are clear. It would have been a goal 20 years ago.

It wasnt even a goal 50 years ago when George Best did the say thing and it was disallowed

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

If that goal was allowed to stand you’d get every striker standing in front of a keeper when he’s trying to kick it out.

Never a goal.

Perhaps it’s just my memory being shit but 10-15 years ago I feel like there was at least one attempt a season that got tried and subsequently ruled out, sure the player was booked also.

People seemed the get the message after this and I’ve not seen it tried in absolutely ages.

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I know and I’m a huge fan of his, he’s excellent, I was a just offering a comment on the half. Also to be fair, the opposition don’t care if you’re 17 or 47, so you’ve got to be fully on it regardless.

He’ll be in our side for many years to come I’m sure :) 

Unless city buy him......

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

FFS.

It's an offence. It's been an offence for years. You can't interfere with a GK kicking out of his hands.

I still don’t understand. Can you explain it again? 😉

• Haha 1

Really entertaining game.   We've got to do something about their press, it's relentless and it's gonna cost us.  It's their main weapon though, I think when the ball gets stuck in midfield for a bit then we have the quality to play through them.  The problem is I can't see us not getting pressed and conceding chances for 45 minutes, we don't have the composure. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

It wasnt even a goal 50 years ago when George Best did the say thing and it was disallowed

I have a feeling the rules were changed re what counted as "in control" of the ball? Used to be two hands on the ball? Now it's basically any kind of control with either hand, or mid kicking motion?

Edited by KentVillan