Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I have a feeling the rules were changed re what counted as "in control" of the ball? Used to be two hands on the ball? Now it's basically any kind of control with either hand, or mid kicking motion?

Pretty sure the "two hands" thing is to do with a phase of play that's technically still ongoing, i.e. if a keeper is on the ground having saved a shot with both hands on the ball a striker can't kick it in. Whereas if he's got one hand on it, it's fair game so long as it's the ball being kicked.

The rule in this specific scenario concerns the start of a new phase of play and specifically goalkeeper distribution - you can't interfere with a 'keeper distributing the ball from his hands. It doesn't matter if he's got one hand or two hands on it, or whether he's tossed it into the air to kick on the volley - striker can't claim the ball until it's travelled.

Edited by est1874

Just now, foreveryoung said:

What Ming's and Ramsey? if we can't win a game with those 2 players missing, we are in proper trouble this season. An before you say Watkin's, Ing's should be good enough cover for him.

Are you being delibrately dishonest here?

McGinn? Bailey? Traore?

Just now, foreveryoung said:

What Ming's and Ramsey? if we can't win a game with those 2 players missing, we are in proper trouble this season. An before you say Watkin's, Ing's should be good enough cover for him.

Mings, J Ramsey, Watkins, Bailey, McGinn and Traore???

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

LOL tell me about it . . . I get it in the neck from her and all of her family members, apparently I'm an addict. 

Going OT I think living abroad and corona too its increased because there's very little crack anymore, I might have a bit of a chat in the lads WhatsApp group at the weekend about football but the Monday morning 3 hour analysis of West Midlands football that used to happen in my office has all gone 

VT is probably my biggest link to back home now, if I want to know what's going on or get a feel for things or just chat shit about Netflix it's here, it's not with the uzbeki guy in the office next to me 

There's no weekly pub visit talking bollocks about everything any more for me, it's spilled out on all here 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Watkins, McGinn, Bailey too

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Pretty sure the "two hands" thing is to do with a phase of play that's technically still ongoing, i.e. if a keeper is on the ground having saved a shot with both hands on the ball a striker can't kick it in. Whereas if he's got one hand on it, it's fair game so long as it's the ball being kicked.

The rule in this specific scenario concerns the start of a new phase of play and specifically goalkeeper distribution - you can't interfere with a 'keeper distributing the ball from his hands. It doesn't matter if he's got one hand or two hands on it, or whether he's tossed it into the air to kick on the volley - striker can't claim the ball until it's travelled.

I would still argue it if it was the other way around. He has thrown it up into the air , so can a play do keepy ups and claim his in control too when some one kicks it away from him 

I'd prefer Hause and Konsa instead of Tuanzebe. Ashley Young has done okay considering where he's playing. AEG rarely scores when he plays well. Chuk looks special once he's used to Premier League speed he'll be running games. 

We definitely need another midfielder though. Patchwork quilt resemblance for the midfield.

2 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Nah, he said you're not allowed to count Watkins, even though he's our starting striker and will be playing when fit.

He actually said we weren't allowed to count Watkin's. Whoever the **** that is.