Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Really enjoyed that half. We’ve been brave on the ball and tried to play football. Gonna leave yourself open at times when you do that, and we’ve rode our luck a few times. Better than sterile possession though and been afraid of the ball.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

**** me the number of people in this thread who don’t know the rules of football. Google it ffs

Played football 2 or 3 times a week for 20 years now as well as watching the villa every week... Don't think I've ever seen that before 

Just now, Spoony said:

What was wrong with their second goal btw? 

FFS.

It's an offence. It's been an offence for years. You can't interfere with a GK kicking out of his hands.

• Haha 1

Just now, Spoony said:

What was wrong with their second goal btw? 

A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

• the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
  • holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
  • bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s).

Law 12

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

Played football 2 or 3 times a week for 20 years now as well as watching the villa every week... Don't think I've ever seen that before 

Because everyone knows you can't do it 🤣

It's like saying you haven't seen someone pick the ball up and run into the opposition's net.

• Haha 2