Austin MacPhee

Strog

I put this in the Gerrard thread, but probably should go in here:-

I mean, McPhee what does he do. The defending for the first goal was abysmal, all of the defenders were lined up on the 6 yard box when it dropped to their guy on the edge of the box. The team had a warning minutes earlier when Andreas Pereira had a great volley from the edge of the box deflected just wide after a cross from a corner. We don't look inventive from set pieces, and we don't look like we defend them much better after last nights showing.

15 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The fact we’ve got worse at defending set plays is the biggest damning indictment of this guy.

Last night was disgraceful especially 1st half. They could have had 2 or 3

8 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I put this in the Gerrard thread, but probably should go in here:-

I mean, McPhee what does he do. The defending for the first goal was abysmal, all of the defenders were lined up on the 6 yard box when it dropped to their guy on the edge of the box. The team had a warning minutes earlier when Andreas Pereira had a great volley from the edge of the box deflected just wide after a cross from a corner. We don't look inventive from set pieces, and we don't look like we defend them much better after last nights showing.

Have you not seen our world class routines?

Free kick anywhere within our half, send everyone up at a snails pace. All look at each other for 2 minutes, then whip it deep to the back post. It really maintains the tempo of the game and the intensity we play at. Teams don't get a chance to settle!

Corner routine. Just shoot or hit the goalkeeper.

Throw in. Throw the ball to each other 3 or 4 times deciding who will take it, watch Ramsay and McGinn pretend they want the ball - then lob it down the line into channel.

It's absolute cutting edge stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â