Austin MacPhee

Strog

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our set pieces were atrocious on Sunday. Not sure why it hasn't been spoken about enough. Absolutely awful. 

Completely agree. May as well have given a goal kick every time we got a corner. 

43 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our set pieces were atrocious on Sunday. Not sure why it hasn't been spoken about enough. Absolutely awful. 

Agree but from what I saw I wouldn't say it was necessarily the routines or the instructions it was the delivery which is usually the case, Luiz in particular in the 2nd half was poor

We put the players around their keeper and got that right but then seemed to stop putting him under with the ball

• 2 weeks later...

Every week I watch the opposition do a better job on corners, set pieces and crosses...WTF does this guy actually do??

The amount of times we have a corner that either doesn't hit a target or is just completely off target is gobsmacking for professional footballers. Seen better Corners at park football in Australia

Once upon a time, Villa used to be absolutely horrible on throw ins. (I say "once upon a time" - but I really mean for the majority of the last decade.)

Austin MacPhee turned up and Matty Cash started doing an impression of Rory Delap. I thought: "Hey - we are actually practicing our set plays! Maybe we won't continually throw the ball straight to the opposition any more"

Fast forward to today and I can't tell the difference between a throw in now and before MacPhee joined.

What's that all about?

Â