Austin MacPhee

Strog

Thought it would be good for Austin to have his own thread (I couldn’t find an existing one) given the positive impact of the set pieces against Newcastle.

Also it’s been reported (Sky Sports and The Times) that he’s joining up with the Scotland national team. Not sure how this will work with his role at Villa.

Edited by Strog
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Strog said:

Thought it would be good for Austin to have his own thread (I couldn’t find an existing one) given the positive impact of the set pieces against Newcastle.

Also it’s been reported (Sky Sports and The Times) that he’s joining up with the Scotland national team. Not sure how this will work with his role at Villa.

can you add a "staff" tag plox?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Amen sister.  If Danny Murphy was against an ice cream coach, I'd hire an ice cream coach.

I would have to question your sanity if you didn't want to employ someone that is going to show you how to make better ice cream.

30 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Apparently he just joined Scotlands national team coaching setup.

Yes, I wondered how that would work along side his day job?

3 minutes ago, Strog said:

Yes, I wondered how that would work along side his day job?

Same way it works with a football players day job I'd imagine. 

Full time with AVFC and then when the International break happens and every national team player heads to a training camp he then works for Scotland. 

Maybe it is more complicated than that, but it seems relatively straight forward on face value.

• Like 1

Just now, Daweii said:

Same way it works with a football players day job I'd imagine. 

Full time with AVFC and then when the International break happens and every national team player heads to a training camp he then works for Scotland. 

Maybe it is more complicated than that, but it seems relatively straight forward on face value.

Hopefully it works out. I might be wrong but I can’t think of any situations where coaches at top level clubs have another job.

I do think Austin is a good addition all the same .

• Like 1

Â