Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Match Polls  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/21 at 18:00

20 minutes ago, Enda said:

This won’t be popular but I thought it was harsh to rule Wilson offside, it was marginal.

Possibly, but it will start to make up for all those very marginal offsides Ollie suffered from last season, including the one where he was busy being strangled. 

Just now, maqroll said:

Glad Anwar stuffed that penalty down that keeper's throat.

That was some proper shithousery. Nice one Anwar, he’s cold as ice on the Pennos. Looked like he was channelling his inner CR7 before he took it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Enda said:

This won’t be popular but I thought it was harsh to rule Wilson offside, it was marginal.

I agree actually. I thought they were harshly done by there, but I was also looking forward to a Martinez save followed by pelvic thrusting. 

• Haha 2

Enjoyed being back and enjoyed the game. Thought McGinn and Ramsey were good I also thought Beundia was pretty good too. My only gripes with today are the fact I had to queue for 45 mins for a drink and the fact that I still can't get 4G signal in or around the ground 

• Like 1

Started off like a team that will be in a relegation battle this season but gradually grew into it .

Ramsey had his best game for us today , just needs a goal and some assists in his game now.

as others have said goals apart , Ings and El Ghazi we’re pretty much invisible , with Watkins and Bailey to come in they will both need to do more to stay in the side ( though I think Watkins and Ings will complement each other )

Ref was a bit all over the place today , Murphy should have been booked for his dive , he let some obvious fouls go and then booked players for nothing stuff … that said he could have easily sent Martinez off so we owe him one there .

an energetic Brentford next week , hopefully some of the players have nearly got full fitness 

• Like 2

A much better performance once Ings scored, we looked so much more cohesive. Still a way to go until we’re at our best, but it will come. 

Mings was excellent, Young and Ramsey very good. I’m hopeful Buendia will find his form soon, but he was better today. 

Their disallowed penalty was absolutely the funniest thing I’ve seen today. As was Bruce’s face after we went 2-0 up. The man looks battered and defeated. Never mind :D

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I guess we can all go quiet until the next time we don't win and it's all doom and gloom.

We'll see where we are the next 3 games.

Newcastle at VP always been a joke.

Even Brentford will be a proper test. They're no mugs.

Nobody voted for Buendia as MOTM not one person lool , for me it was Mings by a landslide but some have chosen Ramsey, i felt Ramsey controlled the ball well when in possession but didn’t have many impactful moments in the game to warrant MOTM. Mings was working tirelessly and really stood out 

• Like 1

Solid win today but a few scares - not least the Wilson miss in the first half and the offside for the penalty.

But overall we were the better side and Smith picked the right team today given the players unavailable.

Massive to win today going into Brentford to build some confidence and hopefully we'll have Watkins and Bailey available to boost our options.

If we can beat Brentford we'll hopefully have nearer to a fully fit squad by the time we start our very difficult run of fixtures after the international break. 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

A much better performance once Ings scored, we looked so much more cohesive. Still a way to go until we’re at our best, but it will come. 

Mings was excellent, Young and Ramsey very good. I’m hopeful Buendia will find his form soon, but he was better today. 

Their disallowed penalty was absolutely the funniest thing I’ve seen today. As was Bruce’s face after we went 2-0 up. The man looks battered and defeated. Never mind :D

I imagine he came out of the womb looking like that😁

• Haha 1

Ramsey was the key to that performance - linked the two halves of the pitch for us and kept possession really well. 

Buendia liked much better out wide and while not as influential as we'd like yet, he made some really telling contributions defensively. 

Great outcome if not a brilliant performance. 

I'll take a world class strike and a penalty every week though. 

• Like 1

Â