Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Match Polls  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/21 at 18:00

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Great result and solid performance after 30 mins considering the personnel we are missing. 

The two most interesting things for me were the Ramsey performance and Axel Tuanzebe coming on as a CDM ahead of Nakamba.

I would put Axel coming on based on Dean knowing Newcastle was going to go long ball and crosses to finish the game. 

It was always going to take time to adjust to not being Aston Grealish and even harder without some of our best players so will take the win, the clean sheet and the 3 points, say thank you and move on.

Newcastle. Could be in trouble already

Ramsey brilliant today. Great performances from mings, young, Mcginn and cash too. Buendia looked better than last week and hopefully can really kick on. Special mention to Luiz solid today and really helped us tick, always showing for the ball and often the out ball from the cb’s. I can’t wait to see us with Watkins, Bailey, traore and sanson back

• Like 2

Young man of the match from me.

El Ghazi great on pens but awful in the game, thankfully we have upgrades to come in.

Ings clearly just a goal machine, just think last season Davis would have been playing now instead of Watkins.

Buendia quiet again I thought, not certain he’s actually going to fit into our style of play the way he would at other teams, one to watch I think.

Ramsay was busy but didn’t do anything spectacular, not a starter for a top 10 team imo.

McGinn solid but see Ramsay comment.

Ming’s great contribution to the goals but thought he was shaky most of the game to be honest, Konsa continues to prove he’s the better defender.

Moment of madness from the keeper and he has not started this season like last for some reason.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Did we stick with 4-3-3 all game?

Yeah, midfield looked so much better. Still missed the creativity of Bailey and Bertrand though. Good gritty win in the end. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The “ Ramsey needs to out on loan “ brigade are very quiet 😂

Yes I thought that to, amazing he’s spent a year with the first team and been introduced gradually to first team and football now we’re seeing why faith was shown in him, and for all the people screaming for Chukwemeka to play expect him to play poorly from time to time, developing youngsters takes time!

• Like 2

I honestly thought he'd got it wrong and I am happy to say I were wrong.

I have nothing really to say but enough was done to win Newcastle, brilliant Dean Smith.

2 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Young man of the match from me.

El Ghazi great on pens but awful in the game, thankfully we have upgrades to come in.

Ings clearly just a goal machine, just think last season Davis would have been playing now instead of Watkins.

Buendia quiet again I thought, not certain he’s actually going to fit into our style of play the way he would at other teams, one to watch I think.

Ramsay was busy but didn’t do anything spectacular, not a starter for a top 10 team imo.

McGinn solid but see Ramsay comment.

Ming’s great contribution to the goals but thought he was shaky most of the game to be honest, Konsa continues to prove he’s the better defender.

Moment of madness from the keeper and he has not started this season like last for some reason.

were you watching a different match?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good team performance. Shaky first 30 mins, with the refs dodgy calls not helping. But that Ings goal calmed everyone down.

Standouts for me: Young, Ings, Mings, Dougie + Ramsey (big display from him!).

Buendia still looks short of match fitness and trying a little too hard. Think over the next few games Ings will start taking the headlines and take the “record signing” pressure off his shoulders. 

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

were you watching a different match?

I don’t think so?

happy to hear your counter points jut a half decent performance against Newcastle isn’t going to convince me everyone is suddenly fantastic again after last week, this is a relegation candidate without a doubt and we absolutely had to win that game.

• Like 1

Losing Grealish is a blow but id imagine that’s a very serious come to work kinda training ground now ( not implying it wasn’t before ) Young is a great leader. Ings a terrific pro. No messing around id say. Not putting 2 and 2 together and getting 20 here but why wouldn’t somebody like Jacob Ramsey catch fire today working with a guy like Ashley young the last few weeks. 

• Like 2

Â