Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Match Polls  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/21 at 18:00

Fitness levels were back today great to see, dean now knows ramsey can step in class today. El ghazi wasnt too bad too and young did his job too. Good performance today.

Edited by string28

The first 30 mins we were relatively poor to be honest, but after the goal just before half time and then I assume the rocket they were given at half time, we were very good for periods of the second half.

Pros: Ings will score 20 goals this year I think, Ramsey was excellent and looked every part the PL footballer, our CBs are great.

Cons: Buendia doesn’t seem fit yet, midfield had lots of energy but weren’t quite joined up yet but I think that will come, Ings doesn’t come as deep as Ollie so it’ll take us a while to adapt.

Edited by alreadyexists

An ok performance, but we deserved the win. Important players still to come in and will make a big difference.

Ramsey MOM, this was his big opportunity and he took it. McGinn and Luiz were also excellent.

Martinez needs to get his shit together.

And what a goal from Ings. Did not do much apart from that, but that is what he does. Don't think Watkins could have done that. Turns out it was an excellent idea to bring Ings in, as the seemingly indestructible Watkins got unexpectedly injured.

We needed those points to set us on our way.

• Like 1

It was a shaky start, but once we grew into the game I thought we were pretty comfotable and played some good stuff at times. Ramsey easily MOTM for me, he's really grown in to a first team player over the summer whilst last year he still played like a kid at times (which, to be fair, he was/is). Really impressed me, and I hope he can start adding the goals and assists to his game.

Don't think there was a bad performance out there today, but I do think Martinez was slightly lucky to stay on the pitch, even if the pen was overturned for offside, it was a pretty dangerous and reckless challenge from him.

11 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I don’t think so?

happy to hear your counter points jut a half decent performance against Newcastle isn’t going to convince me everyone is suddenly fantastic again after last week, this is a relegation candidate without a doubt and we absolutely had to win that game.

Relegation candidate? Jesus wept!

16 minutes ago, Enda said:

This won’t be popular but I thought it was harsh to rule Wilson offside, it was marginal.

Using the thicker lines now and he was still off so I have zero sympathy for Newcastle on this one 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

1st half poor.

Much better in the second half. Something to build on.

I wouldn't even say that the entire first half was poor, I think we really got a hold of the game after the first 30 minutes.

• Like 1

Slow start but two well taken goals. How often do Newcastle enjoy diving in the box? No card for simulation either. 

Young, Mings, Ramsey all great. 

Still confused why Emi’s yellow stands given Wilson was offside. 

Scrappy game. A result was needed after the dire performance last week. 

Edited by The_Steve

Â