Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Match Polls  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/21 at 18:00

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He's a complete dinosaur. Jenas totally made a fool out of him. Murphy didn't know what to say in response. He just repeated himself. I found it quite funny 😂

Murphy doesn't speak objectively, he has his own view of players and teams and he misquotes people and manages the narrative to suit his views. I can't understand how he gets so much air time

• Like 1

Dogshit game with one dogshit team and another team stripped to the bones with injuries and lack of chemistry.

High praise in this thread but for individual brilliance and VAR players and team would be getting slated.

We need to gel and fast. Pleased with the win. 3 points. Injuries and not a full cohesive team is brilliant.

Let's not pretend that was a good watch. It wasn't. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He's a complete dinosaur. Jenas totally made a fool out of him. Murphy didn't know what to say in response. He just repeated himself. I found it quite funny 😂

He is a clown, demanding Adama play in the Euros as he was the only Spanish player he knew

He was an average player no better than Mark Noble or Ashley Westwood but because he was a back up player at Liverpool he is seen as an expert, I guarantee he will never get a coaching job

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Dogshit game with one dogshit team and another team stripped to the bones with injuries and lack of chemistry.

High praise in this thread but for individual brilliance and VAR players and team would be getting slated.

We need to gel and fast. Pleased with the win. 3 points. Injuries and not a full cohesive team is brilliant.

Just like the manager said, z better result than performance.  It's just a shame you can't always have both. Still, nothing better for momentum than three points. 

• Like 1

Was great to see a win which honestly i didn't really expect after the messy pre-season and no show last week. We were most definitely not flowing but thankfully had enough to see off the Barcodes. We will surely get better and we'll need to. Big game next week now which we need to win to set us up nicely for the international break, won't be easy of course though.

Thought Young slotted in well, McGinn was gritty and influenced the game, Luiz added something and the defence were better too especially Cash (just wish he would be more productive going forwards).

El Ghazi poor aside from the pen which was well taken. 

Biggest plaudits to Ramsey though once he settled after a shaky start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Glad for win, great Ings shot -- but what was with all the very high shots. We would have 6 other goals if the crossbar had been four feet higher. 

Maybe they this they are playing this haha! 

spacer.png 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was great to be back. I left it a day too late to get a ticket in the Holte but me and the lad got in the upper Trinity close to the Holte. Again I thought we locked weak at the back left Young not covering as much as I would have liked, but cant expect him to play box to box. 

The Holte were quiet for long periods we even sang Holte End give us a song and so did the Bar Code fans . VAR my Lord lady luck on our side for a change

• Like 1

Great result. That’s settled nerves and averted a mini crisis brewing. Brentford will be a much stiffer challenge however.

We played better but still way off where we need to be which will hopefully come with more playing time (this is our preseason) and the return of Targett, Watkins and the introduction of Bailey. Dougie played well and settled us down.

Midfield still doesn’t look right and not sure how it will be fixed unless there is a significant high quality addition.

A few things concerned me but Buendia not finding his groove isn’t one of them:  Martinez looks out of sorts; Mings looks shaky and as though he has some weakness this season; Young was OK but would rather Targett back at his last season best; we have lost that defensive solidity; we have no discernible pattern of play or attack, we seem to be winging it at the moment but fortunately we do have sufficient quality now to pull something out of the bag occasionally.

I am not expecting much this season and fear we might suffer a few embarrassments in the September sequence of games as we are a little loose, before we find our feet and hopefully kick on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Glad for win, great Ings shot -- but what was with all the very high shots. We would have 6 other goals if the crossbar had been four feet higher. 

Shooting practice needed next week. Still it was good to at least see them taking more shots, I often don’t think we shoot enough generally. Just need to aim for the netty thing now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Just like the manager said, z better result than performance.  It's just a shame you can't always have both. Still, nothing better for momentum than three points. 

spacer.png

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Best summary of the game for me

Â