Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Match Polls  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/21 at 18:00

much needed win. A settler, and so encouraging to have Ramsay play so well. The youngsters can save us a bob or two in transfer windows, hopefully we'll see JPB also get more game time too. 

Hopefully Watkins and Bailey are back for Brentford. 

Still, now for a hopefully relaxing game of the B team at Barrow

Sell everyone and buy everyone else, Smith out, we should have won 6-0.

Entertaining enough but was sick of hearing Bruce fart ffs, BLIMP, I had 3 masks on half way through second half, rank *******.

Wes Edens not at game, wtf is going on.

Lost me voice and my ears hurt, FANS WERE THE 12TH MAN, loud as ****.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Looked about 25 to 30 cm offside, so not really marginal.

To me it looked like the length of a foot (not 12 inches, I mean the body part) which I wouldn’t classify as “daylight” using the old terminology. I thought the refs were going to let those go this year.

Also, had it been on, Emi absolutely should have seen red. Clear denial of a goalscoring opportunity, and he nearly kicked the head off him!

18 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Where you been, BOF, it feels like I haven't seen a post from you in ages? 

Cheers Sheepy. I've not been posting as much as usual but I have been in and out the last few weeks.  

• Like 1

Buendia is not at the level we needed or expected yet, for whatever reason.

Thought Luiz was good. Ramsey did ok in patches. Wouldn't like to have to rely on him for a full season though, he's not ready for that yet.

Newcastle are dire.

Let us all just enjoy the 3 points.

Obviously there are still some things we need to work on, but I am very proud of our performance.

Missing some key players but we gritted it out to the end.

I'm gonna enjoy it and look forward to Barrow.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Let us all just enjoy the 3 points.

Obviously there are still some things we need to work on, but I am very proud of our performance.

Missing some key players but we gritted it out to the end.

I'm gonna enjoy it and look forward to Barrow.

I think we'll look a different team with those missing players back.

• Like 2

Seeing how bad Watford are against Brighton is probably the only negative today. Had it my head that they were going to be the surprise package of this season putting together an unlikely top 4 run, therefore last weeks result wasn’t all that bad.

But no.

Great to be back at Villa Park with a full house.

An important win for us after last weeks performance. The 2 games show what fine margins there are at this level. Today we got a couple of breaks and just about deserved the win.

Ings showed exactly why he will be an important signing for us. 2 games, 2 goals. A goal out of nothing today. He did not get much supply but the menace is always there.

The refereeing was interesting today. From what I have seen of our 2 matches, the referees have adopted the Euros approach to the game, which is welcome. No more a slight touch and an immediate free kick. A shame Newcastle seemed to be the early beneficiaries of most of the decisions. We will need to adapt quickly and hopefully all referees are consistent. No special rules for Bruno Fernandes!😀

Man of the match. Hard to say anyone was head and shoulders above the rest. Ramsey recovered from some early mistakes, was solid and kept going the full 90. Young was ok but the old Ashley would have made more of a couple of opportunities he had. Mings was solid and seems to relish playing with the armband. My vote went to SJM who seemed to play further forward and was more like his oldself.

The team more or less picked to itself today, so hard to be too critical. I look forward to seeing Ollie, Bailey and Traore as forward options.

Not vintage but 3 points nevertheless. 3 more next week and we will have made a solid start considering the disrupted per-season.

UTV.

• Like 2

Â