Pre Match thread

VillaChris

10 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I can't believe I am actually going to Villa Park tomorrow with 40 odd thousand fellow fans. Obviously I want a positive result but I am just looking forward to getting back to the match day experience. Stay safe and enjoy the game to all.

This 100 times over

• Like 1

Team I think we'll go for tomorrow:

Ings

Young                       Buendia

McGinn    Ramsey   

Nakamba

Targett  Mings  Konsa  Cash

Martinez

If I was picking,  I'd go with JPB over Young, Young over Targett, and Fred over Cash.

11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I can't believe I am actually going to Villa Park tomorrow with 40 odd thousand fellow fans. Obviously I want a positive result but I am just looking forward to getting back to the match day experience. Stay safe and enjoy the game to all.

Don’t think “Positive Result” is a term you want to use too much these days my good man 😂

But no seriously I can’t wait to get back down there tomorrow, I’m actually restless with excitement! 

• Haha 1

I'll be bold with my prediction...

Ings

Bailey - Buendia - McGinn

Ramsey - Dougie

Young - Mings - Konsa - Cash

Martinez

In other words, how we finished last week, except with Dougie for Nakamba, and without the late sub Traore for Buendia.

Ramsey was good last week and deserves the start.

McGinn did well when pushed further forward. Furthermore, I read that Newcastle like to attack down their left/our right, so Deano may want McGinn providing some help for Cash. We know McGinn will track back and it might look more like a Christmas tree 4-3-2-1 on defense. On attack, Buendia and McGinn could swap from what I posted above. If Cash has a nightmare, maybe he pushes Konsa over and brings on Tuanzebe.

Young instead of Targett may be a little controversial, but I suspect that after last week's nightmare, Deano is going to want to ease Targett back in. I suspect he'll bring him on in the second half.

Even with the players we have out, we are still the better squad. Yes i understand in the grand scheme of things, that doesn't mean much if our guys don't show up and play to their ability. However, I have a good feeling about this one. First game at home and the squad should want to put that performance at Watford behind them.

3 points to us.

48 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Even with the players we have out, we are still the better squad. Yes i understand in the grand scheme of things, that doesn't mean much if our guys don't show up and play to their ability. However, I have a good feeling about this one. First game at home and the squad should want to put that performance at Watford behind them.

3 points to us.

I like your optimism but I don’t agree. Watford and Stoke performances are bugging me. I don’t think we are as good as people think.

If they're playing their 3rd choice keeper I'd play 'shoot on sight' El Goalzy.

The rest picks itself imo:

Brick

Cash.  Konsa.  Mings.   Targett

Nakamba

Douglas.        McGinn

Buendia.      Ings.         El Goalzy

• Like 1