Pre Match thread

VillaChris

10 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I would prefer Bidace to El Ghazi. Apart from that, no problem if that becomes the line up.

agreed.

Starting AEG just seems like the definition of insanity to me. (as in, doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result)

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

agreed.

Starting AEG just seems like the definition of insanity to me. (as in, doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result)

He’s not bad as a left forward, he played that roll ok as backup to Grealish last season. Was madness playing him on the right last week though…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He’s not bad as a left forward, he played that roll ok as backup to Grealish last season. Was madness playing him on the right last week though…

Exactly this.  I do think JPB deserves to start over him though given their respective performances in pre season

• Like 1

AEG hasnt had a great pre season but when he's on form he is capable of good form. He's not first choice, it's debatable whether he's second choice on the left wing. But we are where we are and it's likely too early to put JPB out there.

It's not his fault, he'll hit another purple patch much easier if he's being supported, just don't get on the lads back, support him. We all know how much he struggled with online abuse last time his form was out. He had a good season last year and deserves respect, praise and support now fans are back to help get him back to where he was.

It's not his fault Jack left and Bailey is injured.

• Like 1

On 20/08/2021 at 11:31, Wainy316 said:

On the plus side Newcastle have both keepers out so some guy called Freddie Woodman will be in goal.

Shelvey out too.

We need to put so many past him that he's axed for the next game. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Agree about Targett.  One poor game and he's dropped seems a bit harsh. 

I don’t think he’s dropped for being shit, maybe just hit home about how unfit he is.

Maybe learnt from the ‘play Ross Barkley back to fitness’ bullshit from last year.

On 20/08/2021 at 11:48, The Fun Factory said:

I can't believe I am actually going to Villa Park tomorrow with 40 odd thousand fellow fans. Obviously I want a positive result but I am just looking forward to getting back to the match day experience. Stay safe and enjoy the game to all.

In about 5 minutes I'm going to put my Villa top on and get in the car. It's going to be immense. Can't wait. 

Even looking forward to the shitty burger from the burger van 😁🍔

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Bit surprising if he's benched Targett already but other than that the team looks good. 

Dean knows that if he gets roasted by Saint-Maximin in the first half three things will happen.

1) Targett confidence will be smashed

2) Fans will get on his case.

3) Dean would be blamed. ASM isnt quite as direct as Sarr, Grealish-esque he'll hold the ball up more and pull out more tricks. But it would be fair to ask questions of Dean for making the same mistake two weeks back to back with a player just back from injury.

It's a smart decision but I agree I wasn't sure whether he'd make it. I started to think he might when he was so open that he was 'much better' Vs Liverpool on Sunday, was about as close as Dean has ever got to singling an individual out for a poor performance.

I predict the death of Bruce as Newcastle manager today. Our fans giving Bruce a good thrashing, Newcastle fans giving Bruce a good Thrashing and if Villa players and Smith give the Newcastle Team a good thrashing then I fear it's all over for him.

Bruce's sacking has been a longtime coming and a humiliating defeat to us with fans on Botha sides giving Cabbage some shit, he will be done I think.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I predict the death of Bruce as Newcastle manager today. Our fans giving Bruce a good thrashing, Newcastle fans giving Bruce a good Thrashing and if Villa players and Smith give the Newcastle Team a good thrashing then I fear it's all over for him.

Bruce's sacking has been a longtime coming and a humiliating defeat to us with fans on Botha sides giving Cabbage some shit, he will be done I think.

so ur trying to say we are gonna lose 3-0?? 😜

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

agreed.

Agreed even more, Ghazi shouldn't start against Newcastle or any other team, not when we have superior players to him.

Ghazi is just goals and most of the time he struggles to get them and needs a great amount of chances to score alot of the time.

As to the post you replied to, I to would rather see Youth play before Ghazi, Wesley and Davis, they are three players I think Villa needs to move on from son as the club can.

Just now, MaVilla said:

so ur trying to say we are gonna lose 3-0?? 😜

Funny, if that happens from what I been reading on Newcastle forum Villa would get more shit from Newcastle fans for allowing Bruce to remain in his job even longer lol.

If it was nearend of season and we were secure or we got Europe or no chance of it then I'd say lose the game just to make Bruce look ace to keep there fans all that much more annoyed 🤣.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, birdman said:

On the way to Villa Park! Train delayed due to some knob train spotter on the tracks ffs! Should be there soon anyway. UTV! 

AHH just splat him train driver and paint the train with some claret 🤣